Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 21, 2017, 11:00:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT(1) Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Dude, that goalie was pissed about something"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 1 discussion  (Read 46927 times)
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »

I like it that she didn't appear until the very end of the film. If you were very smart it could be possible to put together the clues given from the people throughout the movie. The truck guy that drives annie (think his name was enos?) says "Boy drowning" first, followed by "Bunch of Fires" and "Water was bad". You could get the idea that somebody didn't want the camp to re-open, and unless it was somebody unsignificant until the end of the film, you could assume it had something to do with the boy drowning otherwise it was just a killer with no plain motive to see.

As for my first time seeing this movie I was about 8 years old i think. I had already previously seen part 2 and part 3 on a TBS Marathon on a Halloween one year. From here I associated that "Friday the 13th" meant Jason was the killer. So my older brother and the neighborhood rented scary movies every saturday and would watch them at some ones house and this is one we picked eventually. I just remember thinking "Wow Jason is really thin in this one" when it shows the killers feet in the beginning haha. But I remember loving the movie and it was definitely one of the ones that locked me into horror movies. Less than 2 years later I had started buying all the movies for $11 each week from my allowance until I had each one.

Now that I think about it, I could say this film is what popped my horror cherry. I fell in love with this, the whole series and then really wanted to keep getting into more series and eventually just ended up where im at right now with a huge horror collection  Grin.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 09:37:42 PM »

Bumping this up because i got question when Jack & Marcie was coming into the bedroom and Ned was on the top bunk already dead wouldn't they see him when they walk in the room?
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 01:27:01 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks Mrs. Voorhees was awesome! Grin
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks Mrs. Voorhees was awesome! Grin

Hell no! She was my Fav!  Grin
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

Bumping this up because i got question when Jack & Marcie was coming into the bedroom and Ned was on the top bunk already dead wouldn't they see him when they walk in the room?

They couldn't see him probably because it's too dark, and they didn't care for anything (except having sex).

I don't like how she appears so late in the film. We don't know anything until the end. Only Jason's drowning is mentioned when no one would notice. It would have been better if it played as a whodunit. Pamela appears early in the film, and the drowning has more details to it.

Also I find it kind of funny that Enos's name sounded so much like Anus.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »

Speaking of Jack and Marcie...

Marcie and Jack have sex, she leaves to go to the bathroom. The Killer is under the bed, kills Jack. Marcie is still gone...now, wouldn't you think she would have gotten to the bathroom BEFORE the killer. So, how is the killer in the bathroom if there is only one door and she was standing in front of it, in front of mirrors....
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »

Hell no! She was my Fav!  Grin

Finally, someone else who appreciates the old lady.

I find her more creepier. She seems like a innocent old lady but, when you least expect it BAM! your dead!
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

I first saw this film way back on a Wednesday evening August 11, 1982, (that Friday being a Friday 13th) at the local High School as part of a double header with Friday the 13th part II. I went with a friend, we were twelve years old and the youngest ones there. I remember the ending with the deformed Jason leaping out of the water as being a real shock. The creepy camp atmosphere is excellent. I went on a school camp once at a place called Galston Gorge which is not far from Sydney and yet the place is completely isolated. It was in a valley and you couldn't receive any television or radio reception.

I like the flashbacks to Jason's drowning with the sense of his complete isolation in his hour of need. I think more attention needs to be paid to the pathos, the sadness of Jason's situation.

Pamela Voorhees appears to be suffering from some form of Schizophrenia.

In another thread, I likened the Friday the 13th films to the real life Ivan Milat backpacker killings here in Australia. In this film there is the abduction of a hitch hiker depicted which I had completely forgotten about.
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in the diner?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »

Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in the diner?

Sail Away Tiny Sparrow
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »

wasn't that song playing in the diner at the begining and the diner Steve went to? (probably the same one)
LewdIntentions
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 02:43:02 AM »

You gotta remember they never expected the popularity to arise from this film so I shrug off mistakes in this movie. The sequels I have to make excuses for.

i.e.: If I was doing it for this one, I'd say Marcie went somewhere else before heading straight to the restroom.
Sir Snooty Tooty
Resident Evil Maven
Lifeguard

Great Party, Isn't It?

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »

(Back in 1999 I was a film reviewer for a now defunct free paper in Cleveland, OH called the Cleveland Spot. As part of our Halloween edition I reviewed all of the Friday the 13ths. Well, all of them up to Jason Goes To Hell. The fallowing is an abridged version of one of my reviews. As time goes on I'll do more. Hope you folks enjoy it. Late.
-Snooty)

It is hard to believe that at one time there was no Jason. No hockey mask. No series filled with cheap come on gimmicks to get the audience into the theaters. All there was was a cheap little Halloween knock off that literally scared the bejebus out of people. Back in 1981 my grandparents bought an RCA Selectavision player. Imagine a record player that played movies. For Halloween that year they bought Friday the 13th. Thus began my multi decades long love affair with the Great Hockey Masked One.

Sean Cunningham had seen the success of Halloween and Dawn of the Dead and thought a slushing together of those ideas, (Halloween's tension coupled with Dawn's blood and guts), could possibly be an e-ticket theater ride.

Unlike it's later sequels the first Friday allows us to get to know it's victims. It has a thing called character development. By today's standards it seems hokey. But in reality it is the most cohesive out of all the films in the series. And just like Halloween it takes a very normal setting, (eg-a summer camp), and turns it on it's ear. And if you've ever been camping then you know all about the fear of "Something being out there". When I was a very small boy my Grandparents, (Before they moved to CA and before they had the Selectavision player), owned a small cottage on Mahr Lake in MI. We, (my parents and brother), use to go there on weekends. I remember across the lake on a peninsula there was this Girl Scouts Camp. Now, I'm sure it was a very normal place. But as a six year old boy it held mystery and fear for me. The first Friday touches on those fears. It plays your emotional harp and it does it well.

There really is no mystery as to who the killer is. When Mrs. Voorhees appears on screen for the first time we know she is the evil doer. And that, I suppose, is Cunningham's truly best reenactment of Hitchcock's Bomb analogy. Hitch use to give this analogy as thus... Two people are in an office talking. All the sudden a bomb goes off. For a few minutes the audience is scared. However, if you show the bomber come in and place the bomb. Then show the two people talking the audience goes nuts yelling at the screen telling them to get out. Mrs. Voorhees is a lot like that. We know she is the killer. And we know what she will do to Alice. We go crazy yelling at Alice to get the *beep* outta there.

All in all I love this one. Between Savini's effects and Cunningham's pacing there really isn't a whole lot wrong with this flick. And Jason's leap from the lake is enough to make repeat viewers jump on their third viewing. It's too bad, however, that Adrienne King's parting line of "Then he's still there...." turned out to be all so true.
cabbagestew
New Blood

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »

The cries that Brenda hears during the storm are pretty creepy.

I wonder if these cries were actually conducted by Betsy Palmer.  Anyone know?
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »

its= sounds like a child..... too young to be her... imo... but who else could it be...... (maybe a secret accomplice revealed in the remake...lol)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: