Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 12, 2017, 02:57:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What's a hockey mask?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 3 (3d) discussion  (Read 84048 times)
Shivers dude
« on: August 15, 2005, 06:07:11 AM »

I enjoy part 3,but it is not one of my favourite's for some strange reason that ''farm barn'' really annoyed me..........but anyway,what do you guy's say?
The Knight
Victim

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 01:35:57 PM »

Quote from: "Shivers dude";p="1918"
I enjoy part 3,but it is not one of my favourite's for some strange reason that ''farm barn'' really annoyed me..........but anyway,what do you guy's say?

Part 3 is fantastic, but any fair assessment of the film has to work in two ways: 1) the movie in its 3D format; and 2) the movie in its home video/DVD format.

I never had the privilege to watch Part 3 in 3D, though I do hope one day I get the chance to see it in 3D...however it does work well even in the home video format, in spite of Larry Zerner's comments that it doesn't mean anything to the people at home.

The dart gun, and Andy and the machete are a couple of very strong examples of how the 3D worked well even in the home video format.

If the movie has an ultimate weakness, its the acting.  A couple of performers in particular (Dana Kimmell comes to mind) overact in some very critical ways, and it doesn't work very well.  A few others (Larry Zerner and Jeffrey Rogers come to mind) are stronger in their roles and are far more convincing.

In terms of where I'd rank Part 3, I'd probably put it at #4 for the movies behind Parts 2, 1 and 6...but certainly ahead of 4, 5, 7 and 8...along with JGTH, JX and FvsJ.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:51:35 AM »

Very good entry, Jason finally gets his hockey mask, there are some great death scenes (and despite some censoring it's not as bad as in other installments so it's still pretty gory), the atmosphere is very eerie and Jason is incredibly scary here, I love the chase scene at the end and the showdown in the barn. Got to love old-school Jason Freddy Vs Jason
Shivers dude
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 04:13:23 AM »

Old school Jason ''rocks''
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 04:22:45 AM »

I really did not care that much for part 3 the acting was way bad

best thing about the movie is the Hockey mask & Shelby Wink

He should had be the last one alive!
Shivers dude
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 04:40:38 AM »

Yeah,I like 1,2 and 4 better.
HellboyKyler
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 03:57:17 PM »

I cant say i'm a fan of part 3,it's not a bad movie by any means but it just didn't "click" with me for some reason.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 06:15:41 PM »

I agree with Kyler & Nancy, I hated Part 3 and besides Jason receiving his trademark hockey mask there's not much else to say. Annoying characters and it just felt too rushed. Miner did a great job on Part 2 but seriously bombed on this one.
The Knight
Victim

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 11:02:43 PM »

Quote from: "Dark";p="2280"
I agree with Kyler & Nancy, I hated Part 3 and besides Jason receiving his trademark hockey mask there's not much else to say. Annoying characters and it just felt too rushed. Miner did a great job on Part 2 but seriously bombed on this one.

Well, after Part 2, he did really need a new gimmick...and for sheer scare factor, how do you really improve on Part 2?  I mean, in my opinion, they never have improved upon Part 2.

I still think Part 3, in its 3D format, may help it click with some of you that haven't seen it in that format...but then again, I haven't either, so...
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 11:58:26 PM »

That's one of the main problems with this film. It is meant to be seen in 3D and without most of the FX look horrible.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 05:52:32 AM »

I thought part three was actually very well done, besides I liked the teens in it.
Shivers dude
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 06:04:44 AM »

Quote from: "Dark";p="2319"

That's one of the main problems with this film. It is meant to be seen in 3D and without most of the FX look horrible.

Very true
The Knight
Victim

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »

Quote from: "Dark";p="2319"

In some cases, I totally agree.  The eyeball and the snake come to mind as examples of shots where the FX totally let down the audience.

In some cases, the FX seem just overdone.  The popcorn, for instance, seems like an excessive use of the 3D format.

But in some cases, still, I think that the shots work.  The dart gun part is one example of that
Black_viper
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 07:34:10 AM »

I like Jason, Richard also did his best job on acting Jason. I love this movie very much!
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 06:12:51 PM »

Part III sucks compared to II, but it did have a spooky atmosphere, whether in 3-D or 2-D. Brooker makes a great JV.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: