Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 03:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "This place is spooky"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 3 (3d) discussion  (Read 84100 times)
Blane
« Reply #510 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:02 AM »

LOL. With the ice pick still in her head.

That would be so very stupid though. lol.
Nikki6am
Victim

« Reply #511 on: March 09, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »

LOL. With the ice pick still in her head.

That would be so very stupid though. lol.
Wouldn't be any stupider than Mrs. V.  Both are equally stupid.  You can't dumb down what is already is, chief, you can only one up that shit.
Jessica
« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2016, 09:41:32 PM »

I think a headless Mrs. Voorhees would be perfect! With a bloody stump of a neck. Oh! I know! So she sees something in the water and is like, "What's that?" She leans over and pulls it out of the water. IT'S A HEAD! Then Mrs. Voorhees headless body comes out behind her and pulls her under. Bam!
Nikki6am
Victim

« Reply #513 on: March 16, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »

I think a headless Mrs. Voorhees would be perfect! With a bloody stump of a neck. Oh! I know! So she sees something in the water and is like, "What's that?" She leans over and pulls it out of the water. IT'S A HEAD! Then Mrs. Voorhees headless body comes out behind her and pulls her under. Bam!
Yes! Headless corpses are great! Always dug that lawnmower scene from Sleepaway Camp 3. lol. When Chris is pushing all the branches out of the way of the canoe, she grabs an object she discovers to be Mrs. V's head, gets all hysterical again and then gets yanked under. Fun!
Blane
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »

Okay, yeah, that's a cool scene. But I still say there's something slightly corny about a headless corpse dragging anybody down. How would it even SEE? Tongue But I like the idea of pulling her head out of the branches. Especially if the prop guys could make it look JUST like the one from Part 2. So people get it.

april flower
« Reply #515 on: April 14, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »

Part 3 was HORRIBLE when it came to continuity, so Mrs Voorhees appearing in the lake made perfect sense...in THIS movie. And Alice coming from the lake, as cool as it would be, would be on par (as her skeletal remains would have been removed from the shack by police who were "combing the area since just before dawn").It's just like Ali being knocked out, hit on the side of the head three times with a heavy wrench, then just magically coming out of nowhere (conveniently at the right time) later in the movie to try and halt Jason.

As for Mrs Voorhees head in the barn, where would it have been stored while Jason was at Harold's? And why was Jason even at Higgins Haven.....did he know Chris was there? Did he leave Harold's to go hide out at Higgins Haven, and coincidentally Chris and co showed up?
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #516 on: March 21, 2017, 03:14:25 AM »

I watched this last week. Hadn't seen it in ages. The whole Shelley/Vera situation really rubs me the wrong way now. Yeah we've all known people who have been in that situation and/or been placed in that situation ourselves. Maybe its because I'm getting older and that's why it bothers me more.

Obviously they are a mismatch. I just think Vera could have treated him a bit better instead of the ice cold shoulder but on the other hand, even if in the back of her mind she might have considered giving him a chance, him being so damn obnoxious would've killed his chances immediately. Guys like that just don't know how to act around women.

The film eases the tension a bit during their ride to the store and incident with the bikers but its too little, too late.

I also feel for Vera too. She probably wanted to have a great time and winds up being matched up with an obnoxious, virginal nerd.

They both come across as a fifth wheel in the equation though.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2017, 11:15:19 PM »

Part 3 was HORRIBLE when it came to continuity, so Mrs Voorhees appearing in the lake made perfect sense...in THIS movie.

And why was Jason even at Higgins Haven.....did he know Chris was there? Did he leave Harold's to go hide out at Higgins Haven, and coincidentally Chris and co showed up?

As far as Mrs. Voorhees in the water, I interpret that as her spirit. I think the area is haunted by her ghost.

Remember Chris' backstory. Jason knows the area. He was probably going to rob the store for food, but people were still there, so they were in his way.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »

As far as Mrs. Voorhees in the water, I interpret that as her spirit. I think the area is haunted by her ghost.

Remember Chris' backstory. Jason knows the area. He was probably going to rob the store for food, but people were still there, so they were in his way.

Hmm I like it, think that's a solid explanation.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #519 on: May 23, 2017, 03:00:30 AM »

That's one of the best explanations I've ever heard!
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #520 on: October 17, 2017, 05:07:09 AM »

Re-Watched, gonna basically review it.

Pros...
- Best score of the franchise easily, builds tension very well without using the chi-chi-chi too much.
- I like the whole cast, even Vera. I get a genuine feel of friendship among most of them. Like 2 even the practical joker is likable & sympathetic.
- Chris is a good final girl, not as resourceful or strong as Ginny in 2 but still solid. At first it looks like she is going to be helpless & hysterical calling out for Rick but once she finds out he is dead, she strengthens up pretty quick. That being said... I liked her more in previous viewings then in this one, not sure why the change.
- Solid final chase.
- Indifferent to this Jason's facial make up but I loved the hunch back & oversized neck to him in this one.
- I appreciate how it connects directly from 2.
- I like the sets a good deal, felt like a lot of work went into making the house & the barn feel authentic & not cheap. (they built the house from scratch if you take a look in the Crystal Lake memories book)
- I liked the moment with the biker chick Fox exploring the barn with a child like awe, always reminds me of myself doing the same in my passed on Grandfather's barn/workshop/farm.

Cons/Nitpicks...
- Yes there is some forced 3D moments but they aren't too insufferable and aren't placed in scenes of tension thankfully.
- Film has a good number of mistakes with missing blood, 1st with Jason not bleeding out onto his new shirt from the hacked open shoulder he got at the end of 2/start of this. 2nd with Andy's blood not covering the majority of the hallway after his disemboweling, 3rd with Andy's blood not covering the Hammock before Debbie even had the chance to lay in it.
- Pamela attacking Chris is retarded for 2 reasons.
A.) If she is a physical Zombie, how is her head attached to her body again?
B.) She could not be a dream by Chris as there is no evidence in the film that she has ever even heard of the Voorhees family.
So considering those notes this is the ONLY possibly in story explanation.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:10:01 AM by fogandmist » Logged
fabien
Lifeguard

« Reply #521 on: November 16, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »

it was the fashion 3d at this time amityville 3d jaws 3d
Necu25
New Blood

« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »

That's a powerful haunting besides why aren't the murdered victims haunting the area? I prefer the supernatural explanation/book of the dead approach. I think Jason drowned but was brought back via Pamela's sacrificing of the counselors. I think Jason was doing the same by killing Alice and bringing her to the altar and then sacrificing the trainees. Jason was revived at the end of Part 1 just as Pamela was revived at the end of part 3.     

Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »

That's a powerful haunting besides why aren't the murdered victims haunting the area? I prefer the supernatural explanation/book of the dead approach. I think Jason drowned but was brought back via Pamela's sacrificing of the counselors. I think Jason was doing the same by killing Alice and bringing her to the altar and then sacrificing the trainees. Jason was revived at the end of Part 1 just as Pamela was revived at the end of part 3.    

The problem with such theories is there's nothing in those two films to indicate any supernatural explanations. Its hindsight combined with extreme fandom placing their own tailor made evidence to fit into specific theories.

Should the filmmakers have done a better job? Yes....but they had no idea at the time these films would catch on and an entire franchise created out of them.

She's not "sacrificing" counselors. She has a very specific reason for killing them and she doesn't hide her motivation behind the murders. It's unfortunate that her mental state was not explored in the film because its obvious that her son is still alive. Like I mentioned in that other thread, this just begs to be some sort of twist in the original film.

Jason wasn't brought back through some sort of ritualistic sacrifice. He's obviously a real person, always was, and the way he was living in the woods shows he has been living like that for a period of time.

In your scenario, if Pamela was "revived" the way Jason was revived.....where is she? Is she only revived for one scene but then vanishes back into the abyss after the credits roll?

There are enough continuity issues and various plot holes to deal with yet fans create their own out of thin air.

I'll tell ya what Pamela is in this film.....

A bad idea. It's clearly an attempt to recreate the previous scene and a jump scare. Nothing more, nothing less. Fans have dissected the scene a hell of a lot more than those who filmed it ever did.

It really is unfortunate that the remake had to be so horrid. They could've rebooted the whole thing and told a much more fluid story that can properly connect the issues between the original and the story of Jason.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:29:55 PM by Jameslofton » Logged
Necu25
New Blood

« Reply #524 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »

The problem with such theories is there's nothing in those two films to indicate any supernatural explanations. Its hindsight combined with extreme fandom placing their own tailor made evidence to fit into specific theories.

Should the filmmakers have done a better job? Yes....but they had no idea at the time these films would catch on and an entire franchise created out of them.

She's not "sacrificing" counselors. She has a very specific reason for killing them and she doesn't hide her motivation behind the murders. It's unfortunate that her mental state was not explored in the film because its obvious that her son is still alive. Like I mentioned in that other thread, this just begs to be some sort of twist in the original film.

Jason wasn't brought back through some sort of ritualistic sacrifice. He's obviously a real person, always was, and the way he was living in the woods shows he has been living like that for a period of time.

In your scenario, if Pamela was "revived" the way Jason was revived.....where is she? Is she only revived for one scene but then vanishes back into the abyss after the credits roll?

There are enough continuity issues and various plot holes to deal with yet fans create their own out of thin air.

I'll tell ya what Pamela is in this film.....

A bad idea. It's clearly an attempt to recreate the previous scene and a jump scare. Nothing more, nothing less. Fans have dissected the scene a hell of a lot more than those who filmed it ever did.

It really is unfortunate that the remake had to be so horrid. They could've rebooted the whole thing and told a much more fluid story that can properly connect the issues between the original and the story of Jason.
There's nothing in the two films to indicate any paranormal/ghost explanation either. As the viewer, one is left to make that conclusion. Jason goes to hell makes introduces the supernatural approach but I think it's always been apart of the films explaining how Jason is able to recover from such damage, return from the dead ect. What were her reasons for killing the counselors if Jason never drowned? I think Pamela may have responsible for Mrs. Jarvis death. I think she threw Rob though the window because Jason was clearly shown walking towards the Jarvis house without Rob's corpse. In a similar fashion I think a revived Jason may have tossed Brenda though the window.   
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36
  Print  

Jump to: