Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 12, 2017, 10:31:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT(3) Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason's a legend Ginny...a legend"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 4 discussion  (Read 94334 times)
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2017, 08:57:48 PM »

I felt the kills should have been a little bit more spread out
Tiny Sparrow
Camper

« Reply #631 on: January 17, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »

Do you mean in distance or timespan?
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #632 on: February 05, 2017, 12:46:02 AM »

I like how the camera stayed on certain shots longer. Like when Jason is brought into the morgue the camera focuses on him for a few moments while we the audience are kind of telling him to get up! Made me feel like the fans were part of the movie somehow you know?
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #633 on: February 05, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »

Do you mean in distance or timespan?

timespan
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #634 on: February 19, 2017, 02:49:22 AM »

I'm sure its been said multiple times in a 40+ page thread but the main thing IV had going for it was its cast. The best cast in the franchise and anything else is a distant second.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #635 on: February 19, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »

cast was mos def a plus on this one... ted whites approach also helped beef it up...even with the huge plot holes and unanswered  questions... this one has alot of gems in it that help it stand out in the series
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #636 on: October 20, 2017, 05:02:31 AM »

Re-watched.
A fresh review.
Gonna say this up front, 4 I think was one of the last films in the series that I ever saw and previously it kinda fell flat to me, not bad but simply more of the same while most people claim it is a top 3 contender for best film of the series.
This viewing (3rd or 4th viewing ever I think, first in at least 3 years)... I enjoyed it a lot more.

Pros...
- This film makes alot better use of Shadow & lighting then 3 did.
- Trish (kimberly beck) is a great final girl, effectively surpassing Chris from 3 in my book this viewing. Her charging back into the basement with Machete in hand to desperately try & save Rob at the last minute was awesome. Love her blue outfit.
- General cast isn't quite as likable as 2 or 3 but still friendly enough, at first they seem extremely interchangeable & generic but slowly several of them solidify their identifies.

Cons/Nitpicks...
- Score is fine, but not nearly as good as 3's was.
- Jason despite being hidden in shadow for alot more of this film doesn't look quite as menacing as he did in 3. The mask & how it fits on his face doesn't look as good IMO.
- Tommy attempt to distract Jason is... bizarre & nonsensical, he is basically trying to do what Ginny did at the end of 2, except Ginny was imitating Jason's mother who he clearly worshiped what with her severed head at a alter. But Tommy is trying to imitate Jason himself as a child??? Saying "remember me?" that would certainly confuse Jason with him always having been mentally handicapped but still. I think the scene would have made more sense if Tommy had instead tried to pretend being a child "like" Jason and attempt to convince him that they were born the same or something.
Jasonlives52
Camper

« Reply #637 on: October 24, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »

I have allot of mixed feelings on Chapter 4. First it was a film where they were trying to end the franchise, so the material kind of serviced that idea instead of expanding on Jason. It's easier to watch it now because I can just view it as an installment in a long line of sequels. But Jason is more... I don't know what the exact word is...maybe "human" in this than I prefer. I think at this stage the writers were making him more a freak of nature than someone who was supernatural.

I think that's why I enjoy him so much more when he comes back in Part VI, because he's officially a monster at that stage and any nuance of him being just a malformed human is off the table. But I guess its like anything, you have to have that growth and transition to get him there. So I can't really say I present a valid argument since I'm basing it more on style points than story points. Just a personal preference.

But the thing that makes this the hardest to watch now is simply Corey Feldman. That guy is such a head case in real life, it's hard to take him seriously with anything he does (or did). I'm waiting for that kid to break out into a really bad Michael Jackson impersonation. I think he's only convincing as that little boy that gave Santa McDonald's gift certificates for Christmas.  Wink
fabien
Lifeguard

« Reply #638 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:39 AM »

i liked the alternative end
Necu25
New Blood

« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »

I would've had like seen some additional scenes after Jason was struck down. Maybe what measures the police/emts/coroners would do to verify that Jason was in fact dead this time. A news bulletin on combined massacre. Show an undertaker setting Jason the casket and burying him for some finality. 
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #640 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

part 4 was just lakcing something but i cant put my finger on it
Violetlvr
Camper

Gators bitches better be wearin Jimmys

« Reply #641 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »

Part 4 is awesome Cool
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Print  

Jump to: