Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

March 23, 2017, 10:01:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason is here in New York"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Do you believe in Ghosts?  (Read 14604 times)
Abraxas
Camp Cook

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »

Frankly I have a problem with the traditional conception of ghosts, I dont think people really take the time to examine it, when you do, the common idea of what ghost might be begins to fall apart.
Ookla
Lifeguard

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »

It's too bad that I'm a relative newcomer to this site, otherwise I would have voted on the poll.

My answer is "Yes I do believe in ghosts". Kind of hard for me not to as I grew up in a haunted house. I've never physically seen a ghost, but I have witnessed their presence. For example, I've seen the TV turn on and off all on its own with the remote sitting on the coffee table and nobody anywhere near it. And more than once I've heard someone walking down the hall when I was home all alone. I've got more stories, but I've already posted them on another thread on this board.
matt1982
Victim

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »

Retired ghost hunter here............

Seriously. I was a ghost hunter for 10 years and was even a cast member on a cable access TV show that aired in 23 cities in 11 states. I also taught continuing education classes yearly at a community college. I was on over 50 investigations. I believe in ghosts.....but I haven't made up my mind what a "ghost" is, if that makes sense. Are they dead people floating around? Or something more scientific? If you read about string theory and quantum theory, ghosts could be beings (like us) that exist in extra dimensions of space. We can only comprehend four dimensions. How would we react to a being that lived in as many as 11 dimensions of space? Or maybe ghosts could be fleeting glimpses into nearby parallel universes. Or if you get into Quantum they could be created from our own subconscious thoughts. If you go into a spooky place expecting to see a ghost, it BECOMES haunted, etc.

I've never actually seen anything, but I have a handful of EVPs I can post as well as some investigation reports.

Unfortunately we no longer have a website. My wife (co founder) and I retired when we moved states, and because there are just too many groups now and not enough cases to go around. The TV show we were involved with is available on dvd but you can watch it for free on youtube: www.youtube.com/paranormalgeneration If you're going to watch just one episode, I'd recommend either the season 2 premier or the season 2 finale (our best episodes).
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51:53 PM »

Matt, I would love to hear about the EVPs you were able to capture. Can you share? Smiley
matt1982
Victim

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

These are a few of my favorites. These were all captured at the same location over different visits, back in 2005. Click on the link below and then click on the clip "Nothing". This was recorded on the first night of our investigation. The location was an abandoned Catholic school/church that's been empty since the 70s. There were several buildings, underground tunnels, a cemetery with all Catholic priests, a crypt you could go inside, and surrounding woods. We had access to all of it, and the owner was impressed enough with our professionalism the first night that he basically let us come back whenever we wanted. We spent about three months there, coming back just about every other weekend. I spent a total of about 100 hours investigating there, and it remains the favorite investigation I've ever done. Anyway, in the clip called "Nothing" we were split into groups around the campus. One group was in the old dorms building when the owner popped in to check up on how we were doing. We were doing an EVP session and asked him if he wanted to try asking some questions. In the recording, you first hear him say "What should I do with this place?" followed by one of the investigators repeating the question. Then what comes after that wasn't heard by any of the investigators at the time. I want to add a note about how we conduct EVP sessions. We believe that about 90% of EVPs can be explained just by using good protocol and controls. We begin every investigation by doing about 30 minutes of controlled silence so we can listen for the regular sounds in the environment. When we begin an EVP session, we sit still so we're not hearing shuffles or footsteps. We have everyone identify themselves into the recorder. We don't whisper, and we tag any sounds we hear with our ears at the time ("that was my stomache", "that was a car going by"). Some people have listened to this clip and thought it just sounded like someone coughing. I will say that's a possibility, however nobody commented "that was me" and nobody remembers anybody coughing or saying something after that question was asked. Anyway, listen and be the judge.

Now click on "christmasphone". This one isn't technically an EVP. On our followup investigation in October 2005, we were once again spread out among the buildings. One of the groups started out in the church. As an experiment, they decided to try singing some church hymns to see if that would get a reaction. When they ran out of memorized hymns, they tried a few Christmas carols, even though this was early October. An hour later everybody rotated buildings. There was no other communication between the groups beside me radioing that it was time to rotate and who wanted to go where. Anyway, the next group went into the church and was sitting about 10 feet from where the first group had been singing Christmas carols an hour before. They were sitting with recorders running asking EVP questions when one of their cell phones began playing We Wish You A Merry Christmas. The investigator said he checked his phone inside and out and that song isn't anywhere on there, and his phone wasn't very advanced so there's no way someone could have sent him it as a joke without him knowing. Glitch perhaps? Maybe. But it's a strange coincidence that this happened an hour after they had been singing Christmas songs.

"Clip6" was recorded on a day we weren't doing any investigating. One of our team members was out there by himself helping the owner clean up a little, and had a recorder running in his pocket. You can hear him sweeping when a female voice says his name. Note that he and the owner (a male) were the only ones on the property at the time, and this place was HUGE. It was the size of a small college campus and there was no way this could have been someone out on the street.

https://soundcloud.com/matt-schenk/sets/evps
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:52:36 PM by matt1982 » Logged
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2016, 10:08:49 PM »

those are pretty cool! I wish we had the knowledge and technology of now back when I was a kid. I would to have loved to have heard/seen shit on video and EVPs from my old haunted houses. I've seen a ghost. Several times, but not since I was over the age of maybe 15. So...in 20yrs I haven't seen shit lol!

It seems to me in that one clip "nothing" the voice obviously says "nothing" in response. But what name does it say in the other one? "Paul?" it almost sounds like a creepy male voice and at the end a dog bark...to me at least
matt1982
Victim

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »

I've never seen anything, but my wife has, but not in like 20 years either. She has all the really good stories. She's seen a ghost twice, once at age 9 and once at 16. Her brother's house in Florida used to be haunted. In fact my other favorite EVP came from there. Unfortunately it was on cassette tape and we gave it to my brother to copy onto a computer, and he lost it. One time after my wife's grandma on her mom's side died, they had just come from getting her cremated and were driving home with the ashes. Her mom said, "Well mom I guess you get to take one last drive in your car", and just then the keys flew out of the ignition as they were going 60mph on the highway. My wife said that never happened before and it never happened since.

I was actually interviewed for that show Scariest Places on Earth. It's fake. I remember they had an "ordained priest" on set, and he spent the day walking around the grounds and saying "I'm not feeling anything, this place isn't haunted". Then later that night he whipped out his white collar, put it on, and did a fake exorcism for the cameras. The place actually had a really interesting history....but all they used on the show were the urban legends. But they presented them like fact, even going so far to label someone as a "local historian" who wasn't. This girl from our group kept her interview all factual and scientific. She was asked ONE question about the urban legends, and that was the only part of the interview they used. Also the interviewer kept trying to tell us what to say. I told him a story about an experience I had, then provided a possible explanation, and he said, "Viewers don't care about that." He would say things like "That was good, now can you say it again but can you word it like THIS?" We wouldn't say the place is EVIL and YOU SHOULDN'T GO THERE, so we all ended up getting cut from the final show.

In the EVP, the voice is saying "Kurt".
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »

I met a few people on Scariest Places on Earth...is that still on?!

I'm not surprised its fake, thats lame! I believed in Ghost Hunters until like season 3 and then gave up lol!
matt1982
Victim

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »

Ditto. I used to watch Ghost Hunters. The show jumped the shark in season 3 when they brought in the K-II meter. That's the EMF meter with the lights that would magically light up every time they asked a question. That's because it's JUNK! Everything sets it off, and all you would have to do to fake it is have someone off camera with their cell phone in their pocket hitting Send. I still continued to watch though.....until season 5 when they had Meat Loaf as a guest investigator. Meat Loaf himself wasn't the reason I quit watching. In that episode, they set a water bottle down and asked it to move. Then they left the room and conveniently didn't leave a camera on it. When they came back, lo and behold it had not only moved but it had lifted up into the air, floated across the room, and was now sitting on top of the toilet. And of course there was a window in the background that someone could have climbed in....
mnknut22
Counselor

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »

My moms house was haunted. Before we sold it back in 2005 we found out that back in the 70s there was a double homicide in the basement. If we knew that at the time she was going to buy it we probably wouldnt of moved into the house.  I remember walking in the basement when i was 16 looking to see if my brother was home (he was living with us at the time) and he wasnt but i walked around the corner. I shit you not there was a ghost just floating but very still. I blanked twice and it was still there. I FREAKED the hell out and ran out of the house. We would always here the steps creaking like someone was walking up and down the stairs all the time.
Jessica
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »

I've had some experiences. But I'd hate to think the souls of the living are somehow able to get stuck here on Earth. I'd rather my deceased loved ones go to the proverbial "better place."

I've heard theories that ghosts are actually demons imitating dead people. That's even scarier! Yet it's more hopeful because, like I said, I'd hate to think our loved ones could somehow get stuck in some creepy limbo. Sad
dantheman
New Blood

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »

I go back and forth with this question. Logic tells me no. However, I might have seen a ghost when I was around 3-4 years old (1986-87). I was left in the bathtub alone while my grandfather stepped away for a bit. I remember a little girl was kneeling on her knees outside of the tub on the bathroom floor. She asked me "Whats you name?". I replied in my toddler voice "Daniel". She said other things but I cant remember. My grandfather returned to the bathroom and asked who I was talking to. I pointed to the little girl and replied "little girl". He then picked me up out of the tub and rushed me to my mother who was at our next door neighbors house. I guess he was pretty shook about the whole situation and explained to my mom what happened.

This memory stuck with me for the rest of my life. I know that I seen her on multiple occasions but cant remember what else was said, which is probably the reason the memory has stuck with me today. I still remember what she looked like and the clothes she was wearing. She looked around 7-8 years old, blonde pixie tails, freckles on her face, turqiuos color pants, red & white striped t-shirt. She had a 1970's look to her. I even remember the sound and tone of her voice. She was very friendly, she looked just like a real person would. Not see through or anything like we see in the movies.

When I think about it she looked like a real person version of Penny from the cartoon Inspector Gadget. This leads me to believe that possibly my brain was having me see & hear things that weren't really there, like an imaginary friend. As most of us know the brain is developing very fast during our younger years. Nothing like this has ever happened again to me or my kids. Chances are that it was all in my head. Still though, based on my experience I definitely wouldn't write off that ghost's are real.

Dan

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:53:06 PM by dantheman » Logged
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »

Too bad you couldn't remember what she told you her name was, then you could research the name about kids who died in the area and see if there's any truth to it at all.
dantheman
New Blood

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2016, 12:26:27 AM »

Too bad you couldn't remember what she told you her name was, then you could research the name about kids who died in the area and see if there's any truth to it at all.

I don't remember if she told me her name but chances are she did. Awhile back I looked up the address to see if there were any deaths in or around the home but I couldn't find anything. It would've been so crazy if I would've stumbled upon a picture of her online. I didn't even know what a ghost was back then, but I'd be freaked out if saw one nowadays...lol
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2016, 08:20:35 PM »

my family and i used to see a ghost all the time in the house we lived in.....then years later my mom showed me a photo of a guy and i immediately said "hey thats the ghost!" and she laughed and said "yup!" it was her grandfather who died before she was born and so she had never met him
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: