Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

January 24, 2018, 06:24:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We ain't gonna stand for no weirdness out here!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason's Mask  (Read 119 times)
Deathscythe
Counselor

« on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:26 PM »

I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but this is something that's been bugging me.

Where did Tommy Jarvis get Jason's mask?

In the beginning of the movie, we see him going to the cemetary, carrying around spades, a can of gasoline (or some other flammable liquid) and a hockey mask. I understand why he would want to bring it along with him, as it is the face he keeps seeing in his nightmares (as seen in the last movie), so it makes sense why he would bring it along, to have it destroyed along with Jason's body. So he would literally see his nightmare burn. But where did he get it from? It's not like he could just break into a police station and steal the mask.

Did he make it himself? Seems likely, as he is basically Tom Savini's avatar. Also, the mask looks a bit different from the fourth movie. It looks more circular, and more flat (if that makes any sense). In other words, it isn't the same mask he wore in the third and fourth movie, so it seems more likely it was something he made himself. But why would he make the very thing he's afraid of?

My personal guess is that one of the therapies that Tommy Jarvis was given, is to have him make a mask based on what he sees in his nightmares. It may be unprofessional of psychiatrists to do this, but psychiatrists in movies are rarely like psychiatrists in real life, so who knows.

But that's just my take on this. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:50:07 PM by Deathscythe » Logged
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:17:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's canon somewhere that it is the same mask and Tommy has had it since he 'killed' Jason. it even has the axe mark I think. No matter what it's sloppy lol. Maybe I saw or heard this in the latest game.
Deathscythe
Counselor

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:39:01 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's canon somewhere that it is the same mask and Tommy has had it since he 'killed' Jason. it even has the axe mark I think. No matter what it's sloppy lol. Maybe I saw or heard this in the latest game.

Since you brought up the game, in it Tommy Jarvis spoke with the police, who likely investigated the place, and thus Jason's mask would have been found, and kept as evidence. So unless Jarvis broke into an evidence locker (which I doubt he could do) I don't think it is the same mask. As for the axe mark, Jarvis did show to have an eye for detail, so if he made the mask himself, he would have added the tear in the mask himself. Besides which, if what you're saying did come from the game, that brings about its own continuity problems, so it may be best to think of the game as non-canon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:08:11 AM by Deathscythe » Logged
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »

The canon is literally made up as it went along. It's hard to argue. Personally when I was younger I sort of assumed Tommy just brought it for whatever reason and the people making the movie needed Jason to get it somehow.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »

I like to think that Tommy kept Roy's Mask and changed it to look like Jason's.  As part of some kind of twisted personal therapy.  He had the skill to make those masks in pt 4 so I think he could alter Roy's pretty easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: