Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 04:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason's a legend Ginny...a legend"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Why Did Pamela Bring Jason to the Camp?  (Read 148 times)
twstein109
New Blood

« on: September 20, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

Late in the movie Pamela reveals to Alice that Jason wasn't a good swimmer and should have been watched the whole time, so why would she bring him to a camp where swimming was involved?  If he is that bad at swimming and knew there was a chance of him swimming and possibly drowning, why take the risk? 

It could be that she was assured from the staff that Jason would be carefully watched and made sure he would be alright, which would explain her fury that he died.  I know she was clinically insane too, but for a mom to presumably show so much love for her kid but not recognize the danger of allowing him to swim baffles me a bit.  Any thoughts would be welcome.

JasonV
Lifeguard

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »

Pamela had no other family to leave Jason with while she cooked at the camp. She was also very over protective of Jason so it made sense she would take him to the camp. I think he expected the coucilours to do their job better.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:09:14 AM »

Ahh the Fifties...It was a different time.    Tongue
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:35:23 PM »

There's way more to summer camp than swimming. She was there so naturally her overposessive ass wanted Jason there. I'm sure she wanted a fun summer for him also...and assumed he'd be supervised better.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »

There's way more to summer camp than swimming. She was there so naturally her overposessive ass wanted Jason there. I'm sure she wanted a fun summer for him also...and assumed he'd be supervised better.

What a mistake!!!!
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »

I have a question.....

Was a prequel to the original film ever considered? I'm not interested in origin stories but I wondered if they ever considered going this route. I'm not talking fan pipe dreams, fan fiction, etc. but the real thing.

I assume that once Jason/the hockey mask became iconic, even if there were ideas to go in such a direction, they were dropped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: