Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 18, 2017, 07:55:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Hey the van's on fire!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: there was so much excitment around this movie  (Read 678 times)
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« on: January 27, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »

I remember seeing previews for it July 4th weekend 2003

I was at a 4th of july party with my parents (i was 15). I was in teh living room with about 7 other people. 5 around my age, 2 adults

When the freddy vs jason previews came on everyone got quiet. After wards everyone was talking about "how bad i wanna see it" and "dude i think jason will win" "no freddy will!"

it was seriously about 30 minutes of discussion and i absolutely loved it (i had no idea they liked horror films)

It was something small but looking back it was pretty cool to see Jason be mainstream
mnknut22
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »

I was excited for when it came out. Although i was still kind of bummed kane got the axe from new line and never liked how they handled that situation. I remember smoking a bunch of joints before the movie..and I loved it at theaters but once it came out on DVD. I immediately noticed things I didn't like. To this day I don't think it holds up very well. Too much CGI as well. The paramount movies hold up way better and they are much older then FVJ. Overall it could of been a lot worse, but it could of been a lot better too. Just my personal opinion.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:23:07 PM »

I had been wanting to see this movie for as long as I can remember, and yeah there was a ton of hype. I was even sent the shooting script for the movie and was asked to remove my review of it from the site (I didn't). I think I have that script posted on the site somewhere haha...but I didn't even give massive spoilers away.

I was so disappointed in the result and that Kane was robbed of the opportunity
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »

I was Uber excited and had high hopes, then I saw it... Haha.

It had some neat moments, yet was a let down overall.
In my opinion.
fridayfan
Lifeguard

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:23 AM »

This was the first Friday the 13th movie I got to see in theaters, so I was beyond excited. Upon the first viewing, I wasn't as disappointed as I came to be later. I was just so excited to see Jason and Freddy finally duke it out, and then reality set in. No Kane? Jason afraid of water? Did they even bother to watch a previous Friday the 13th movie? I'm not much of a fan these days, other than to watch it during a Friday or Nightmare marathon.
ixupi9802
Victim

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »

I was excited to see it was coming out. I never thought the film would get out of development hell. I went in and saw it twice in theaters and bought the DVD when it came out.

I'm watching it now and cringing at it. It still kind of sucks Kane wasn't Jason in this one after he carried the mantle for some time and tried to get this film to come out. But part of me wishes he tried doing different things with Jason instead of getting a breath before killing someone and being pissed all the time.

But maybe it's time, but did anyone find Ken's Jason to be similiar to CJ Graham's Jason in terms of mannerisms?
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »

I was excited to see it was coming out. I never thought the film would get out of development hell. I went in and saw it twice in theaters and bought the DVD when it came out.

I'm watching it now and cringing at it. It still kind of sucks Kane wasn't Jason in this one after he carried the mantle for some time and tried to get this film to come out. But part of me wishes he tried doing different things with Jason instead of getting a breath before killing someone and being pissed all the time.

But maybe it's time, but did anyone find Ken's Jason to be similiar to CJ Graham's Jason in terms of mannerisms?

ill have to wtch and see
Pine Hurst
Camper

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »

I can understand if they were going for a truly scary movie, but this was pure comic book. It was just stupid not using Kane and I feel bad for him.
mnknut22
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »

I remember when the preview for it came out and me and my brother laughed so hard. 

when lori says " FREDDY VS JASON PLACE YOUR BETS" the cringe on what might be the dumbest line in any movie. 

Ronny yu shouldn't be allowed to touch any big series again. His kung-fu cartoonish camera angles are stupid. I hated bride of chucky when it came out for the same reason but later came to like a majority of it. This movie does NOT hold up 14 years later. The cheesy CGI ruins it along with lame ass acting from that chick from destiny's child. The wannabe jay stoner ( i wanna punch that dude so hard in the movie)... the best character is jason ritter. If this was the best they could do I would of rather have them not do it. I hate this movie with a passion.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: