Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 05:02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Dan, we need wood!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Rate Freddy vs Jason Out of 10  (Read 3442 times)
Jessica
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 02:33:42 AM »

I remember reading, I think it was the Peter Briggs script

You took the time to read a rejected script? Wow. lol. I read an article about the rejected scripts on some website. That was enough. I doubt I could ever get through a full script.
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

Well, at the time I read it I'd pretty much given up on the movie ever actually happening.  So I was curious to see at least what might've been.
Ramse
Counselor

Want me to play a trombone solo for ya?

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »

3/10. 
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »

7/10 I saw it when it came out and loved it honestly, I can understand most of the complaints. I would have liked Kane to be Jason just out of respect for him so I feel that was a poor choice. Freddy didn't get enough kills but again he doesn't rack up a body count even close to Jason or Michael Myers so it fit the character. Quality over quantity. As for Jason being a afraid, Freddy was using his powers to exploit a fear Jason had as a child, Freddy always turns strengths into weaknesses on his victims, using whatever he can to get the psychological edge. Because at the end of the movie when Jason wasn't under Freddy's influence the water didn't bother him at all. The rejected scripts were all so so so so so terrible compared to the one that got filmed. No matter how you'd match them up it would seem silly in one way or another.
Jessica
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:10 PM »

Freddy didn't get enough kills

But he sure got plenty of narration at the beginning. Ugh. So annoying! Any edge he could have had in the movie was lost right from the start. It was just the first of many times I thought the movie assumed its audience was stupid.

Freddy was using his powers to exploit a fear Jason had as a child.... Because at the end of the movie when Jason wasn't under Freddy's influence the water didn't bother him

That's a good explanation. It works. I will withdraw any future complaints about the water thing. Though I still think they shoehorned it in there just for the whole pseudo intellectual "fire and water" thing. I remain unimpressed.

The rejected scripts were all so so so so so terrible compared to the one that got filmed

That's a scary thought. What's funny is that the documentary "Never Sleep Again" talked about the rejected Peter Jackson script for "Elm Street 6" and it sounded VERY similar to FvJ... The idea that Freddy is no longer feared and has lost his powers, etc. I wonder if his script could have gotten reworked to include Jason. It might be an improvement over what was filmed. And they could have added Peter Jackson to the credits for added box office bucks.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »

Yeah Peter Jackson's idea wasn't bad at all really, even the concept art or story board art was looked cool. Before the movie came out I sort of actually imagined a Friday the 13th style movie with Freddy in it. Like someone or everyone camping is from Springwood and Freddy was already after them anyway. Instead Freddy is using a super villain style plan because at this point Freddy really just is a supervillain with a nightmare theme that enjoys killing kids as he's insane/sick lol.
Jessica
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 02:52:49 AM »

I sort of liked some of the ideas from the article I read about rejected scripts. For instance, the idea of a Freddy cult is kind of cool if it were done right. The "Fred Heads" or whatever. Have them come to Crystal Lake to dump Freddy's bones into the lake because they believe the lake has magic powers (thanks to Jason's constant resurrections). It doesn't, of course. But it wouldn't be unreasonable of them to think it does. Then you've got yourself a simple set-up for what YOU just said... A classic style "Friday The 13th" movie with Freddy in it.

I also actually kind of like the idea that perhaps Freddy was a camper or a councilor at the camp in the 50s. And I LOVE the idea somebody had about how he actually killed Jason, holding him under the water. I don't know who had those ideas but they're interesting. At least more interesting than anything in the FvJ that made it to screen.
Lalaaidannicole
follow me on instagram: @lalaaidan
New Blood

You don't watch horror movies?? Haha, wow.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »

5.5/10
It had its moments, but i personally don't like how Ronny Yu decided to not have Kane Hodder play Jason. Ken Kirzinger is cool and all, but i just dont like him. Kane is more experienced, and familiar with Jason.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »

I still say that remake Jason and remake Freddy would've made for a far more terrifying movie .

FvJ was fun - in a way . I just can't wrap my head around the fact that THE top two horror icons right now were placed in a movie that wasn't the least bit frightening and/or eerie . They were cartoon fodder ...  Roll Eyes
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 02:45:04 AM »

Let me start out by listing what I consider to be Pros and Cons of the film.

pros

- Robert as Freddy
- Jason folds the bed in half
- rave massacre scene
- re-introduction of Hypnocil and Westing Hills from Nightmare 3
- battle scenes between Jason and Freddy (espacially at Crystal Lake at the end)

cons

- Kane is not playing Jason
- Jason is not supposed to be afraid of water

Those are things that I personally consider to be cons or I considered to be cons for a very long time. I have taken some high level English/Mythology classes at the University of Hawaii which has changed by attitude about characters like this.

Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger have become a part of the American literary canon. They are American mythology. When a story gets told by story teller after sory teller, it is inevitable that the story is going to change.

At my current maturity level and level of education I can accept changes in characters more now than I could have years ago.

Therefore, I will not judge it by comparing it to a preconceived notion of what I wanted the movie to be before it came out. I will judge it for what it was.

I rate Freddy  vs. Jason as a 7/10.

Freddy was a great character and Jason had a good body count. I think they brought the characters together the best way they could. Had anyone ever read the scripts written prior to the one used, you might also appreciate the film they made a lot more.
Walt
Camper

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 06:58:51 AM »

Let me start out by listing what I consider to be Pros and Cons of the film.

pros

- Robert as Freddy
- Jason folds the bed in half
- rave massacre scene
- re-introduction of Hypnocil and Westing Hills from Nightmare 3
- battle scenes between Jason and Freddy (espacially at Crystal Lake at the end)

cons

- Kane is not playing Jason
- Jason is not supposed to be afraid of water

Those are things that I personally consider to be cons or I considered to be cons for a very long time. I have taken some high level English/Mythology classes at the University of Hawaii which has changed by attitude about characters like this.

Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger have become a part of the American literary canon. They are American mythology. When a story gets told by story teller after sory teller, it is inevitable that the story is going to change.

At my current maturity level and level of education I can accept changes in characters more now than I could have years ago.

Therefore, I will not judge it by comparing it to a preconceived notion of what I wanted the movie to be before it came out. I will judge it for what it was.

I rate Freddy  vs. Jason as a 7/10.

Freddy was a great character and Jason had a good body count. I think they brought the characters together the best way they could. Had anyone ever read the scripts written prior to the one used, you might also appreciate the film they made a lot more.

Well, he's only afraid of water because Freddy digs up his victims deepest fear. He's in Jason's subconscious. Meaning that deep down he's afraid of water.
Ramse
Counselor

Want me to play a trombone solo for ya?

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 03:02:06 PM »

I like the humor in this movie, though.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 04:01:49 AM »

Well, he's only afraid of water because Freddy digs up his victims deepest fear. He's in Jason's subconscious. Meaning that deep down he's afraid of water.

I understand the logic behind the theory. I just do not agree with the theory. Jason would have never willingly gone under water in parts 4, 6, 7, and 8 if he was afraid of water.
Blane
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »

I still say that remake Jason and remake Freddy would've made for a far more terrifying movie

I think the Jason from like Part VII would be better than the re-imagined Ronny Yu Jason in FvJ. I would like to have seen Freddy vs the "bones sticking out, pissed off" Kane Hodder from VII. And try to give it that same dark vibe that VII had too.

Oh, and I rate the movie a 5 out of 10.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:21:07 PM by Blane » Logged
Sky
Obscurity Guard
Victim

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »

7/10.

What made the first viewing awesome was that it was a packed house and people were cheering and really getting into it.. it was infectious.

It had it's problems, but I had a blast.

Watching it years later.. I still can have a good time with it. Biggest complaint, no Hodder.
  Freddy Vs Jason
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: