Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

May 26, 2017, 03:22:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT(1) Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Fuck you Jason"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Best Jason Look  (Read 150 times)
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« on: April 16, 2017, 12:45:36 PM »

As a teenager when I first truly get into the series (I'd seen films prior but that's when I became a fan) I was always on the Kane Hodder train and Part VII was always my favourite Jason look. But the older I've got the more I became fans of of Ted White and Richard Brooker. I would even say now my favourite look for Jason is Part IIIs. Although Part III isn't my favourite Friday and Brooker isn't my favourite Jason I just love the way the look comes together in that one, the hockey mask. That for me is the perfect Jason look and the one I'd go for in a new Friday the 13th.

What would everyone else picks be for the best Jason look? Just to clearly hear I'm not talking Jason unmasked, I'm talking about his complete look with the mask and all.
mnknut22
Counselor

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »

After watching the town that dreaded sundown (original and remake) this weekend I'm going to say part 2 is my favorite jason look. its eerie and very creepy. Obviously it was influenced by that movie to me thats is jason at his scariest and the look defined that.  The hockey mask is cool and all but iconic feel of it takes away the scare factor in my opinion. In part 2 jason is a running, psychopathic hillbilly on the loose. He didn't have an established look at the time I feel the sack mask really brings out a good amount of fear. The entire look is awesome.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 11:57:56 PM »

After watching the town that dreaded sundown (original and remake) this weekend I'm going to say part 2 is my favorite jason look. its eerie and very creepy. Obviously it was influenced by that movie to me thats is jason at his scariest and the look defined that.  The hockey mask is cool and all but iconic feel of it takes away the scare factor in my opinion. In part 2 jason is a running, psychopathic hillbilly on the loose. He didn't have an established look at the time I feel the sack mask really brings out a good amount of fear. The entire look is awesome.
I completely agree, for many of the reasons you mentioned ^^^, even though I've never seen The Town That Dreaded Sundown... I have seen clips online, so I know the character's hood you're referring to, just never seen the whole movie.

Jason in part 2 is my all time favorite, and I think it's him at his scariest and most chilling. The "look" is a perfect extension of the demented/deranged backwoods killer motif they were going for.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »

Too bad part 2 is the most physically weak jason and he can barely see, yeah terrifying lol. He was actually imposing in the third movie. Plus the hockey mask is great at throwing someone off guard which is very effective in his killings. Especially as more time goes by the more antiquated the mask becomes and just seems more out of place.
mnknut22
Counselor

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »

Too bad part 2 is the most physically weak jason and he can barely see, yeah terrifying lol. He was actually imposing in the third movie. Plus the hockey mask is great at throwing someone off guard which is very effective in his killings. Especially as more time goes by the more antiquated the mask becomes and just seems more out of place.

Maybe so.. But i liked that look the best and think he is scariest in the sack mask. Weak? maybe at times but more realistic in my opinion. Dont get me wrong I like the mask too.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:45:07 AM »

I actually like that about Part 2 Jason, the fact he is a bit weak. As mnknut22 says it's more realistic and it suits that film.
Ado Lucky
AWESOME Epic
Lifeguard

AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZING!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »

I find it hard to pick the best Jason look as there were a few good ones. I'm gonna go with two: Part  Jason Pt. 3 and Part  Jason Pt. 7 Jason Pt. 7 Unmasked
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:58:18 AM »

part 2
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:27 AM »

7 easily. The zombie part of him was just so damn perfectly executed.
The shot of him rising from the lake with his spine exposed is just chilling.
Chain around neck is a great touch.

That said I really like when he has a coat, preferably the 09 coat & not the vs Fred sweater.

I used to really love his part 9 look, I love the bulging swollen flesh growing around the mask (a result presumably of the toxic waste in part Cool but his outfit in that one has become too plain for me to consider it among the best.

On 3 & 4, I notably prefer the hunchback & oversized neck he had in 3, I feel in 4 he didn't seem as bulky or imposing.
JimmyDancing
New Blood

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 07:07:58 AM »

The sack in Part 2 was scarier than any of the hockey masks... That said, the best mask was the one in Part 4; the axe wound makes him look especially dangerous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: