Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 15, 2017, 02:46:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We ain't gonna stand for no weirdness out here!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: LEATHERFACE (2017/18?)  (Read 1006 times)
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« on: February 15, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »

Didn't see a thread for it but there is a new prequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre coming out.

Leatherface is a prequel to 1974's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre that revolves around the mystery of which of the teenage psychopaths introduced will ultimately become the chainsaw wielding killer known as Leatherface, as they escape with a nurse from a mental institution with a ranger on their trail.

Film is apparently finished but Lionsgate are being coward pricks about releasing it not unlike Paramount's bitch ass.
http://www.cbr.com/texas-chainsaw-prequel-finished-no-release-date/
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:45:33 AM »

I think the original TMC is one of the greatest films ever made. Up until the grandpa scene which drones on too long, its the most realistic horror film ever made. This could truly happen to a group of people stumbling into the wrong house.

It never should've went beyond that. I wish it had stopped there just like Black Christmas. One and done. It needed no sequels. The film hits you over the head with a sledgehammer and you will always remember its impact. The needless sequels tarnish its legacy/rep and the "but it doesn't change the original" excuse is hogwash to keep shitting these out. New generations grow up watching the mediocre tripe spawned from the masterpiece of the original and have usually watched the sequels/remakes before the original in some(most?) cases, never actually get around to the original.

No release date yet? That's fine with me.

Its probably going to go into semi-limbo like the upcoming Amityville did.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:23:05 AM »

What the hell happened to the latest movie??  Leatherface
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »

What the hell happened to the latest movie??  Leatherface
Did decently good at box office, but horrible critic & audience reviews.
I haven't seen it but know spoilers and Daddario's character change towards the end sounds utterly absurd. Turned me off from seeing it. Will eventually.
Did you like it?
mnknut22
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 04:53:20 PM »

Did decently good at box office, but horrible critic & audience reviews.
I haven't seen it but know spoilers and Daddario's character change towards the end sounds utterly absurd. Turned me off from seeing it. Will eventually.
Did you like it?

Hes talking about the one that is done and finished but hasn't been released yet. (leatherface) It's been done for over a year and still no word on release. Lion gates is having some issues with it i guess. As far as Chainsaw 3D.  Its not terrible It has tons of plot holes and I found out from a latest podcast with adam marcus who wrote a portion of it and had writers do other parts of it that the movie had way to many reshots/rewrites that the original vision was completely ruined. The ending marcus wrote sounded so awesome.. yet it was so anticlimactic when it came out.   It has some good moments though..
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 10:55:16 PM »

News...
Leatherface will land exclusively on DirecTV on September 21, 2017, with a limited theatrical run and full VOD release through Lionsgate to follow on October 20, 2017

1st images...

mnknut22
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »

looks like something a college kid would direct for a project.
Gash
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 02:23:52 PM »

This will be shit and they know it. Texas chainsaw is done in my opinion. The remake and the prequel to it weren't bad and that was the end.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »

Those pictures. Ugh. I always thought TCM: The Next Generation would be the apex of the mediocrity of this franchise but it has clearly been topped.

Shouldn't even have been possible.

Those controlling the reigns of this franchise have no shame. Having said that, if the other franchises ever get green lit again and move forward, THIS is their future.

Direct to TV dreck.

fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »

Trailer is out and DAMN those photos above do not do this justice, this trailer looks much more stylish and visually striking then the trailers for 3D did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhOWHvrnto
Gash
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 02:22:30 PM »

Well Curse of Chucky did well so they're probably trying to simulate that for their franchise.
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »

Glowing review for it, calling it the best since the original.
http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/reviews/883687-leatherface-review
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »

I wonder how many perks they got for saying that....

fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »

I wonder how many perks they got for saying that....
Every review I have seen of it says it is decent to great.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: