Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 12:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "You're going to Camp Blood..ain't ya?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Camp out at Camp Forest Green (for REAL) with F13th fans!  (Read 1234 times)
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »

I would love to hang about with you peeps.

However, I'm not American. Bit of any of you guys are ever here in Scotland then we can Defo meet up *thumbs up *
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »

Well youll have to take a trip out! LOL!
Monkey
Victim

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

You can put me down!  Grin    Cool

I organized one of these things back in 2013... get that money up front for the people who may suddenly make with the excuses a few weeks before the event.  A dozen people were interested, one person showed up.  It's funny how many people suddenly came down with health, relationship, phone, and communication problems at the end.  I.E. "My sister's neighbor's cat needed a hysterectomy", "I was sodomized by a clown and can no longer walk", etc.

I'll make long island ice teas from scratch.  Accept no substitutes.  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:23:43 PM by Monkey » Logged
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »

HAHA! Exactly Monkey!
DUKE1
Camp Cook

AGAINST ME! kicks ass

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »

Cool idea unfortunately July does not fly for me at all one worst month to choose.  curious to if you have gotten any detail though for maybe future use. 
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 12:51:45 AM »

Just to let others know, we found out you have to rent for two nights, and its $1000 for two nights. And to reserve they need half up front. Me and my bf don't think we can do that next summer considering our financial status and the limited amount of people who want to go, plus travel expense.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:31 AM »

These types of things are not easy to put together. It sounds simple and fun when its in the 'talk' stage and everyone lines up to do it but once even miniscule planning starts, it quickly falls apart and people start bailing.

The real difficulty starts once it truly gets underway. As the one planning it and "in charge", you would be responsible for everything and if even a tiny thing went wrong on the trip, would get all the blame.

I never did this myself but heard horror stories of trips/vacations planned through forums....its a complete nightmare....and knew I would never even consider running such an event.
  It's funny how many people suddenly came down with health, relationship, phone, and communication problems at the end.  I.E. "My sister's neighbor's cat needed a hysterectomy", "I was sodomized by a clown and can no longer walk", etc.

Tongue So true....

Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »

Honestly, we only had a group of maybe 5-6 of us that were for sure. And we talk almost daily, so I wasn't worried about things like that. When we made these plans originally I had a job, and now I don't, so I don't want to risk saying yes, and then having to use my tax return and then screwing myself up for the next year if I still cannot land a job.
Monkey
Victim

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:43 AM »

Is this still on? 

I will have time in the upcoming months to help out if possible.  I know a thing or two about this; Jameslofton is quoting my post.  Been there, done that.  I would like to meet with fellow fans in a camp setting, and the JL camp is cool.  I posted this information back when it was announced but got no responses on it (facebook, fridaythe13thforum.com).  Anyways, I'd still love to come. 
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 01:43:42 AM »

Its not on for next year I don't think. I'd have to talk to some of the guys. Honestly, it depends (for me and my BF) on if we both get jobs/better jobs and can still afford a trip, car, and to move from where we live. Back when we made these plans I had an almost full time job I didn't expect to be fired from.

As I said above we probably will get a good tax return, but need to make sure we can recoup from Christmas, move out of here ($3000 at least), and perhaps get a car. So I don't want to say yes we can do this for July 2018. Plus one of our members called and spoke to someone, you had to make a deposit of half the money right away to keep your spot. I didn't want him doing that and 2 out of however many limited people not be able to pay him back.

So it might be another year Sad
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: