Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

August 22, 2017, 05:03:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Wherever the red dot goes...ya bang"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: ‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Cursed  (Read 852 times)
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« on: December 13, 2016, 03:21:33 AM »

‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Cursed: Sequel Delayed Again?By Brad Miska on December 12, 2016@bradmiskaSHARE TWEET SHARE SHARE 11 COMMENTS
AMITYVILLE AWAKENING
Maniac director Franck Khalfoun has had his film retitled, retooled ands recut multiple times since its initial delay in September of 2014.

Now, on the heels of its January 6, 2017 release, Bloody Disgusting is being told that Dimension Films has delayed the release of Amityville: The Awakening yet again. Yup, it could be a whopping three years before we finally see this film release. Watch this spot for updates as we’re still awaiting official confirmation and to find out if there’s a new date or release strategy in place.

In Amityville: The Awakening, “Belle, her little sister, and her comatose twin brother move into a new house with their single mother Joan in order to save money to help pay for her brother’s expensive healthcare. But when strange phenomena begin to occur in the house including the miraculous recovery of her brother, Belle begins to suspect her Mother isn’t telling her everything and soon realizes they just moved into the infamous Amityville house.”

Jennifer Jason Leigh, Bella Thorne, McKenna Grace, Cameron Monaghan, Taylor Spreitler, Thomas Mann and Jennifer Morrison star.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:45:36 AM »

They should just throw this film on Blu-ray/DVD and be done with it. It'll bomb no matter what so don't even bother with a theatrical release. Everyone knows it did poorly with test audiences and that's why it was continually delayed. Its also obviously ripping off Insidious.

The only thing it has going for it is Bella Thorne and even that wont save it.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »

I don't think anyone that's not directly involves even cares. Amityville is a forgotten franchise that's been replaced numerous times over.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:41 AM »

Here we go again. The movie is delayed again, mere weeks before the previously announced June 30th release date. There is no new date either. It's stuck folks sadly.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:54 AM »

Here we go again. The movie is delayed again, mere weeks before the previously announced June 30th release date. There is no new date either. It's stuck folks sadly.

Its a shit sandwich and they know it.

test audiences panned it, apparently there's a rumor that they wanted to do some reshoots and that fizzled out due to timing issues, and now it looks like it will be tossed into purgatory.

A total waste.

My prediction is they eventually toss it out on DVD under the radar next year just to recoup a few bucks from it.

I also predict Bella Thorne will distance herself from it and not promote it.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:13 AM »

On the Bella Thorne front, I've heard that she's a pain in the butt to work with. She's basically gotten a big head. From what I have no idea since she hasn't been in anything I could consider a success.

I feel bad for the other people who worked hard on it and did a good job u know? Not their fault the movie is stuck in purgatory.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:03:41 AM »

She's like Emma Roberts.....big head since childhood  from being on Nickelodeon/Disney shows. Keep a buzz going through your teen years with various projects and then try to keep the momentum going full speed ahead.

I'm not an expert on either careers but from what I do know, Bella looks to be going the Mischa Barton route with her career and focuses more on just being an attention whore....and her use of social media makes it even worse.

Anytime I check various news outlets(especially Euro sites), there's always articles in the entertainment section about Bella's latest tweets...usually a pic of her in a bikini or in a bikini drinking. They start living in a bubble and an echo chamber. They think paparazzi following them around,millions of followers on social media, and a 'posse'  means they're the cat's meow and will always be the cat's meow. They pay little attention to the dwindling box office numbers as their careers progress.

It will never cease to amaze me how these girls who are literally living their dreams and there was a one in a billion shot of achieving them, will risk throwing it all away over that stuff. Yeah they're young and we all do crazy/dumb stuff in our youth...but those types are in unique situations.

They should all take a page out of Natalie Portman's book.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 03:35:48 AM »

And a new reason has just popped up on why this will likely stay in limbo....

They've already moved on to the next Amityville film!

Casey La Scala(The Awakening producer) and Eli Roth are doing an Amityville film called 1974....based on the DeFeo murders.

Interesting that La Scala had written this script while Awakening was being turned into a fiasco. IMO La Scala saw the writing on the wall, decided to take a different approach with Amityville, and here we are...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: