Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

June 29, 2017, 06:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: ‘Candyman’ Director Wants to Make a “Proper Sequel” to Original Film  (Read 538 times)
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« on: October 31, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »

‘Candyman’ Director Wants to Make a “Proper Sequel” to Original Film
y John Squires on October 28, 2016
“It was always you, Helen. It was always you.”

One of the best horror films of the ’90s was Bernard Rose’s Candyman, which forever turned Tony Todd, and his titular hook-handed character, into true icons of the horror genre. The 1992 film was followed up with sequels in the form of Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh and Candyman: Day of the Dead, but neither film made enough of a splash to justify the franchise continuing beyond its third installment. Rumors of a fourth movie or perhaps even a remake have been making the rounds for years now, though all has been silent for quite some time.

But if Bernard Rose has his way, the Candyman will soon return.

In an extensive, must-read interview with Art of the Title about Candyman‘s opening credits sequence, Rose was just asked if he’d ever wish to return to the franchise, and he indicated that he’d love to make a direct sequel to the 1992 original film. That movie ended with Helen Lyle becoming a folkloric monster herself; a plotline not followed up in either of the two sequels.

Said Rose:

I would love to do the proper sequel. There are all sorts of reasons why it’s never happened. I think it would be great, but of course unfortunately I don’t control the rights, otherwise I would just do it.

Rose also noted that he’d love for Virginia Madsen to come back and play the role of Helen one more time, and he urged readers of the site to “talk it up” and help make it happen. As is always the case in these situations, the ball is totally in the court of the franchise rights holders, but Rose’s strong interest is certainly nice to see.

Let’s make it happen!
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:26:34 AM »

That does sound awesome.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »

It'll never happen. This was released during the dark ages of horror and will always have that connection.

You might as well attempt a new Dr. Giggles. It has the same chance.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:49:54 PM »

I loved the original Candyman, and would welcome a sequel from the same director.
Hope this comes to pass.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 11:49:49 PM »

I could see Candyman getting remade or something at some point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: