Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 09:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Help Save Camp Blood! HELP NEEDED ASAP!  (Read 11919 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« on: March 10, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »

Hey guys, Iím looking for some donation help ASAP.

Hosting fees are due before April 1st. To the tune of $214. This is to keep both my Shivers of Horror and Camp Blood websites up and running for the next two years. Quite frankly, I have all of $2 to my name, and am in massive debt. Sadly I got out of debt with my tax return, but then something happened (outlined below) and Iíll be in massive debt again.

I know I havenít been around very much because a LOT has been going on with me in the last 6 months. I donít want to get too personal here. But Iíll give you the gist. So you can see for yourself why I can in no way shape or form afford to save the site on my own.

My husband and I split up back in September after many years of trying to work things out. Things came to a head and he moved out of the USA and back to where he grew up in Canada. He gave me all of 3 days notice that he was going. And this was 8 days before rent was due. Thankfully he helped me out with half the rent that one time only, but even though Iíve been working for well over a year, I had no savings, and went into debt with my bank to pay my portion of the rent.

After that I got a roommate and we discovered we still couldnít afford the normal bills so we got another roommate. We barely went grocery shopping, didnít have cable tv, or really anything. In the end my first roommate ended up being evictedÖand while given the ok to stay for a couple more months, he decided that it was all my fault he got evicted (which was complete bs, it was him having overnight guests constantly, not picking up his dogs crap, and always yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs disturbing me and the other apartment) so, he ended up causing all sorts of trouble for me with my work (trying to get me fired) my husband (who Iím still separated from but was trying to work things out with), and with my landlord. All so that I would lose the apartment. Because in his head, if he canít have it, neither can I. (even though Iíve lived here 12years!)

So, in the end, after trying to ruin my entire life, he moved out, the day before rent was due, and left me with two months of joint bills he was supposed to pay. Iím now looking at having to file a harassment order against him, getting my work ethics department involved, and taking him to claims court for money owed. My landlord tells me that its up to me to come up with his half of the rent. Which, I canít even really afford my part of it. Heck I barely eat cause I make sure all my bills are paid first. Lets not forget, when my husband left, he left me with over $10,000 worth of debt to pay myself. I make about $1000 a month, and my rent is $850. As you can see, that doesnít leave much to pay for Gas (heat, hot water), Garbage removal, electricity, and internet. I gotta have internet because thatís how I keep up to date on my tv shows as I donít have cable. Plus its how I pay bills etc. Its only $40 which wasnít bad split three ways. Iím also under contract with my cell phone until November, and have no house phone. I did manage to get them to drop my bill down to $40 a month though.

So, as you can see, Iím pretty screwed here. Iím hoping and praying some of you can band together and help save the site. I didnít realize what the date was and that it was hosting fees due and not domain name feesÖnext year will be the domain name fees.

But Iíd really hate to lose the sites after having them around for 20 years! (well 20 for Camp Blood)

So, if you can donate, please follow this link to donate via PayPal. I cannot accept checks or money orders or anything to my home address. I donít feel comfortable giving that info out to a bunch of strangers and I cannot afford a PO Box, nor get to one.

I thank you all who are willing to help save the site. (and those that have in the past) I canít do this without you guys and Iíll be forever in your debt! Remember, every bit helps, even if its only $5

Kat

Again, follow this link to donate: http://www.campblood.net/forum/index.php?action=treasury

Thank you!
Walt
Camper

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »

I would gladly donate some if it weren't for the fact that I'm under 18 and can't use PayPal. Is there any other way to donate perhaps?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:11:16 PM »

Awe that sucks. Do you know someone with paypal that could do it for you?

Right now there is no other way, I don't drive so I don't have access to a PO Box, and I cannot afford one anyhow. Plus I just dont feel comfortable giving people my home address.
mnknut22
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »

paydays tomorrow.. ill see what i can do.
WYL2K
New Blood

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

A little suggestion if i may, but with friday the 13th coming up at weeks end and the marathon being planned. if everyone that is in chat could donate a $1 for each movie watched it would be a great way to raise the funds as well as enjoy the movies together.
mnknut22
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »

A little suggestion if i may, but with friday the 13th coming up at weeks end and the marathon being planned. if everyone that is in chat could donate a $1 for each movie watched it would be a great way to raise the funds as well as enjoy the movies together.

thats a great idea.
robbieasbury
New Blood

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

I just donated $2.00.
BWABK
Camp Cook

Tonight's the night.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:53:21 AM »

Hi, Kat

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and all the trouble you've been going through lately. Naturally, I hope things will get better for you soon. I have to admit I haven't been on Shivers for quite some time. But after getting your email, I decided I need to step in and do my part to support S.O.H. and Camp Blood.
17 years ago, it was an integral part in helping me get better at English, I made many friends on the forums and had many memorable conversations on here. I'm still an avid horror fan and don't wish this place to disappear.

So I'm donating a symbolic $13.00, in hopes that others will rise to the challenge as well and that the site will live on... and on... and on...

Yours sincerely,
Boy With A Butcher Knife
Drive-In
Victim

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:10:07 AM »

Just donated. Good luck.
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

"I love someone I can never have..."

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:29:35 AM »

I'm not on here overly often, but I still come on from time to time. I did just get your email, and like everyone else I'm very troubled by and feel for all the major stuff you have been through. What hurts me and makes me feel like shit is the fact that I am 18, but me and my family are unfortunately in no prime position to donate as much as I would like to. I may be getting a job of my own at some point soon, but obviously that will be too late. I feel really bad that I am not able to help you out. I hope everyone here can help keep this place a float, I would hate to see it go down.

Again I apologize for not being able to provide any assistance.  Sad
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »

I've been here since 2002 so it would suck seeing it go down

If you get it down to $100 I'll pay the final part. Saying that I'll have to get into my palpal account. Which shouldn't be a problem. I'll get back to you on that but aye that shouldn't be a problem

And I'm not bullshitting. I've helped out before
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 02:28:16 AM »

Thank you all. Any amount helps. If needbe I can purchase a years worth for less. But in the end it ends up being more because they take off a chunk when you get more years together. I feel like an ass having to beg. But it's been a rough few months moneywise and it's just gonna get worse Sad

I thank you for those that can help. It means a lot to me. And I hope to see some of you tomorrow night (tonight) for the marathon Smiley
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

Id donate if i had any money. And youre not begging Kat. I dont blame u for having to ask and ty again for this wonderful site. Smiley
Sir Snooty Tooty
Resident Evil Maven
Lifeguard

Great Party, Isn't It?

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »

I'm sending you $20, hope that helps. I'll get a check for a commercial spot I did by like the 20th, and I'll drop it the money in my Paypal before I deposit the rest and send it to you. Look for it like Wed. the 25th as Paypal always takes forever to transfer funds.

If I had a way, Kat, I'd also send you a joint of some California Primo Gold to puff, you really sound like it would do your stress some good. Wink
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 10:14:15 AM »

Thank you guys. Sorry I haven't gotten back to personal messages. Been very busy! Every amount helps!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: