Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

January 24, 2018, 06:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Planning on smoking a little dope, having a little premarital sex, and getting slaughtered?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Best Film In a Horror Series  (Read 4518 times)
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:08 PM »

Are those all you've seen?
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 09:13:46 PM »

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

This one us easy for me, it's the 2003 remake. It's the only TCM film I like, all the others (yup including the overrated original) are horrible for varying reasons. What the remake does it it turns Leatherface into a more Jason like portrayal and the film manages to a little more of gothic vibe than any of the other films.

Final Destination

It's III for me, this one captures a really cool gothic atmosphere that none of the others have and it also has the best group of actors.

FD3 had a gothic atmosphere?

I don't see the gothic vibe in the TCM remake either.

Did gothic achieve some new meaning in the past decade that I'm unaware of? I don't follow pop culture to the extent I did in my youth.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Nightmare On Elm Street (1974)
This is not my favourite horror series. Out of all of them, I really only like the original, New Nightmare and parts of 2... Because I had to stop watching after 3.

The original film is where it's at. I basically ignore all the sequels.

I saw III in theaters with F13 part 8. It's just too over the top. Stopped caring at that point. I need to watch a documentary or read a book on the series because I'd like to know why they felt the need to turn this extremely dark character into Rodney Dangerfield.

Final Destination - Final Destination 2
This is difficult because it's been a while since I have seen them, but I think I liked 2 the most, but the first three were all pretty good for what they were, but 3 got a bit tiresome sometimes.
I bought the FD set that has all the films in it last year. I marathoned the series and boy....does the quality drop off dramatically when watching it like this. Yeah 2 is definitely the best in the series and none come close. The third one is when it is just fluff and more a popcorn film than anything. Its also when the Nancy Drew/Encyclopedia Brown nature of always investigating what happened in the first film is getting tiresome. This is why they went the prequel route with the final film....and also so they could conveniently have the characters be on the plane with the original group.

FD4 was terrible. Even worse than I remembered it. They knew they had to wrap it up after that.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 10:14:22 PM »

Final Destination 1 and 2 are very close for me, there's times I prefer 2.
Violetlvr
Camper

Gators bitches better be wearin Jimmys

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 08:18:39 PM »

Friday the 13th: Part 8 (not just Beacause my "wife" JJ)
Halloween: 1978 original film
Nightmare on elm street: Part 4
Saw: Part 3
Scream: Part 2
Texas Chainsaw Masssacre: Part 2
Alien: AVP (sorry I don't like aliens)
Predator: Predator 2
Phantasm: original
Evil Dead: Original
Hellraiser: Hell On Earth
Childs play: Childs play 2
Final Destination: Part 3
Paranormal Activity: Part 4
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 09:56:56 PM »

I've always been a big fan of Hellraiser III as well, one of my other favorites in the series.
Violetlvr
Camper

Gators bitches better be wearin Jimmys

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 11:34:21 PM »

Yes hell raiser 3 is badass
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »

It was my first of the series I saw, so I definitely have lot of nostalgia for it.
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »

2 is best/fav for me of the Hellraiser series but 3 & Bloodline are both underrated.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2017, 01:28:19 AM »

I like Bloodline as well, definitely underrated. Even with some of the problems from the studio interference.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »

Blair Witch is another I remembered. I find them all pretty meh and forgettable, but from my memory the third one from last year is probably the best, which doesn't say much.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2017, 01:19:35 AM »

Insidious: The Last Key is out next weekend. I've enjoyed the series so far and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the third film, which ended up being my favorite. Let's see how this one stacks up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: