Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

September 25, 2017, 05:34:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "The quiet can fool you. . ."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Best Film In a Horror Series  (Read 3401 times)
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »

No worries, all good Smiley

Typically I see people who really like it or irrationally exaggeratedly hate it.
It did exactly what a sequel is suppose to, It expanded the mythos, it used a completely new setting, it didn't really retread or rehash anything from the original. Cast was good all around, the effects were just as good if not better then the original. Not a damn thing notably flawed about it.

I agree. It seems people tend to not like it just because Arnold didn't return, but while I think Arnold fit well in the original I always had a hard time picturing him in part 2. I think the sequel called for a different type of hero who wasn't larger than life like Arnold, someone who was more of an everyman. Plus the particular Predator in it is my favorite of the series both in terms of design and character. The hate for this movie always puzzles me.
mnknut22
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »

predator 2 fucking rules!!!
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 11:38:54 PM »

predator 2 fucking rules!!!

I'd have to disagree. Not terrible at all but I just could never get into it. The first one was defeated by a one lining spec ops dude. Now another of the same species on each side and it the bar was just lowered in terms of the one on one aspect. I thought he was already too old for that shit?
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 01:12:12 AM »

In Predator 2 it was a street smart cop who'd been on the force for years and was likely quite skilled in weapons and combat. Not a big stretch to think he could defeat a Predator.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »

Another series that comes to mind for this is Riddick, but it probably doesn't count as only the first one, Pitch Black, is well and truly Horror while the other two are Action films in a Sci-Fi setting. In any case though I thought Pitch Black was definitely the best. I enjoyed the other two well enough but missed the Horror aspects of the first.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »

If Godzilla and King Kong count as Horror, there's also those two for this. It's been forever since I last watched any of the older ones, but the 2014 Godzilla as well as the more recent Kong: Skull Island were both entertaining and were strong comeback for their titular monsters.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »

Sweet idea for a thread

Friday the 13th

This is really tough, because when my mood changes a different film takes my number one spot. It's always between II, IV, VI and 2009. But given this film had the best Jason, the best cast and had a darker serious tone I'm going for The Final Chapter.

Halloween

The original, don't even have to think about this. While I love II, III, IV and H20 the original Halloween is the greatest horror film of all-time for me.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Again this is really tough, the original and Dream Warriors are damn close for me. But I think I'll go with Dream Warriors. It's the best made if the series and deginitely has the best characters. Plus this film balances the scary Freddy and the comedic Freddy perfectly.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

This one us easy for me, it's the 2003 remake. It's the only TCM film I like, all the others (yup including the overrated original) are horrible for varying reasons. What the remake does it it turns Leatherface into a more Jason like portrayal and the film manages to a little more of gothic vibe than any of the other films.

Childs Play

It's the original, I do love others in the series (Bride and Curse) but the original works the best of the series.

Evil Dead

I love Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness but the original has aged badly and do not get me started on the remake. I think I would go for Evil Dead II, it still has the hortor element to it that's completely lost in Army of Darkness (don't get me wrong I love this film) and it balances it perfectly with the humour.

Scream

Again it's the original, which us a true classic in the genre. 2 and 3 are awful renamed of the first and 4 is fun but it's really played for Laughs. The original Scream's humour us more nuanced.

Final Destination

It's III for me, this one captures a really cool gothic atmosphere that none of the others have and it also has the best group of actors.

Jaws

The original is in my top 5 films ever made, the sequels are very poor imitators of an already perfect movie.

Hatchet

I love all three of these films, infact it's my favourite horror trilogy of all-time. But the one I loved most was III.

And I think I will leave it there...
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2017, 03:20:58 AM »

Those all the series you've seen?
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 07:05:53 AM »

Those all the series you've seen?

Nowhere near but I didn't want to do too many. Also I probably haven't listed certain series because I might not like any of them.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:35 PM »

Oh. What are some of the others you've seen?
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 06:14:43 PM »

Alien: Covenant was pretty good and definitely the best movie the series has had in a long time, but I'm still partial to Aliens overall as the absolute best.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »

Thinking of other Horror series I may have forgotten. It's Alive comes to mind. I may have seen one or two of them on cable way back in the 90s, I remember they used to air quite a bit back then. Would be a good series to re-visit someday.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »

The Thing is another. It's eligible with the 1951 original, the 1982 remake and 2011 prequel. John Carpenter's 1982 remake is definitely the best and one of my favorite films of any genre, Horror or otherwise. My personal favorite of Carpenter's filmography as well, which is no small feat given his lengthly and mostly excellent body of work.

Also interesting to note Carpenter considers it part of his "Apocalypse Trilogy," which also includes Prince Of Darkness and In The Mouth Of Madness. In any event, The Thing is easily my favorite of these three.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: