Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 12:28:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What do you mean whoops?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Ghostbusters  (Read 4429 times)
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »

The trailer for the reboot is out, wow does that look bad.

I agree. Definitly not going to see that
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »

I rented the reboot from my library and will check it out tonight. Expectations are super low for it, but let's see if it's better than expected.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 02:26:06 AM »

The news of the reboot is absolutely terrible to me. Ugh, just let this series rest in peace already.
I'm an extremely casual Ghostbusters fan at best. Haven't watched either one in about 20 years. Having said that, the story about Ghostbusters 3 and the difficulties getting it off the launch pad was very interesting.

It should've happened eons ago. Murray should've caved in back when it actually would've meant something. When he didn't, the whole thing should've been shelved permanently.

What they did last year was an abomination. It was begging to bomb and thank God it did. I have not watched the film(never will) but that trailer is the worst trailer I have ever watched. I lost brain cells during its duration. How anyone could sign off on that is beyond me.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 02:34:05 AM »

I rented the reboot from my library but unfortunately the copy I got was bad and stopped playing mid-way through, after the concert sequence. I hate when that happens. I'll probably just try to catch it on Netflix when I start my free trial soon, as I plan to to watch Stranger Things Season 2 there.

What I saw of it, well, it wasn't as bad as expected but not good, either. Jokes fell flat, no scares or humor as with the first two, visuals and ghost designs are very cartoony-looking unlike those of the first two where they looked real. When it came to the new characters, I find I actually didn't mind Erin or Jillian, but could've easily done without the other two. The rampant stereotyping was pretty annoying and even insulting in some instances. I feel I can't fairly rate it as I haven't finished watching it, but so far I'm not impressed at all, though it also wasn't nearly as bad as expected.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »

The rampant stereotyping was pretty annoying and even insulting in some instances.
This is exactly why it bombed. It was insulting to the audience. They keep trying to shove all this SJW nonsense down our throats and society tries to resist it every now and then. In situations where its blatant, they should expect a negative response.

THis experiment where we pretend the lunatic fringe is mainstream and the mainstream is lunatic fringe was a failure and the quicker they wrap it up, the better.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »

Sad thing is female Ghostbusters could've worked but now too many people are sour on the idea as a result of the new film and this film was the last shot Ghostbusters had of being commercially viable again.
Violetlvr
Camper

Gators bitches better be wearin Jimmys

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 06:07:55 PM »

The first 2 ghostbusters I luv but the new one is bad, except the scene where slimer and his wife showed up, that was hallarious
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »

Sad thing is female Ghostbusters could've worked but now too many people are sour on the idea as a result of the new film and this film was the last shot Ghostbusters had of being commercially viable again.
Yep.

No one had a problem with an all female cast. What people have a problem with is the message being conveyed.

For years I have wanted an all female cast in a F13 reboot. There's potential there. Having said that, they would probably turn it into a disaster. They'd throw in a token dyke, a token black woman(who is probably the leader), and it would be anti-male(or anti white male anyways), and it would be a steaming pile. The last thing they would consider is having a cast of ordinary, every day American girls.
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

The way the reboot went about it portraying all the male characters as stupid and the women holier than thou was a bad move and it came off as horribly sexist against both genders. It's always annoying when you have a female-led project and they have to either sexualize the women in the cast or play on annoying stereotypes associated with them. It's too bad because I was all for female Ghostbusters and wasn't even bothered by an all-woman group, it was the way they went about it. In all fairness, I would've felt the same way if we'd gotten a new all-male cast and the men were portrayed as being self-righteous and the women all stupid. Ignorance goes both way and is bad no matter what.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: