Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 18, 2017, 09:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm not an asshole, I'm an actor!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Stephen King's "IT"  (Read 4718 times)
Jessica
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »

I lost track of this conversation. Sorry.

sad but says a lot about how even the most important things in your life can change and be forgotten over time

Oh, I know. But "IT" takes memory loss up a few notches. They don't just forget their childhood. They forget even their RECENT adulthood. After just a few MONTHS they forget that Eddie ever even existed! Much less that he sacrificed his life. He's just vapor. Poof. That really shook me up at the end of the book. There was that proud moment when they're leaving town, having just defeated the monster, and they see the reflections of their dead friends (Eddie and Stan) walking with them. The lucky 7 are back together! Then, mere months later, they have no memory of Eddie or Stan. Nothing. Sad

The variety of monsters just show what fear means to each child. One's scared of werewolves, so IT appears as one.

In the book, he even appeared as the shark from Jaws, the big bird from Rodan, etc. etc. I loved the chapter where the kids are pretending to be jungle explorers: They're walking on stones, crossing the river. And one of them says, "Careful, men. There's deadly piranhas in the water." I used to pretend JUST like that when I was little. Only, in the book, of course, piranhas really DO appear in the water. Piranhas with colors just like the clown (red, yellow and blue). lol. That's so creepy! They thought it, so it happened!

It wasn't like that in the movie. Not to the same degree. The book has waaaaaay more different versions of the IT.

the film definitely did a good job at basically being the greatest hits album of the novel

Except that MANY of the best parts of the book are not in the movie. And the STRUCTURE of the book was better. It wasn't just "kids in the first half, adults in the second half" the way the movie was. The book did a better mix, going back and forth between the 50s and the 80s from the beginning to the end. So you're never stuck with just the adults. Ever. The kids are there the entire time. I prefer that.
Blane
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:35 AM »

But IT is like over 2,000 pages long! Who the hell has the patience for that? Two years to read a book? Noooooo thank you. I always prefer movies for that reason even though King fans ALWAYS say "the book was better."

The new IT is coming soon. I'll go see that. But I bet King fans will not like it.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »

But IT is like over 2,000 pages long! Who the hell has the patience for that? Two years to read a book? Noooooo thank you. I always prefer movies for that reason even though King fans ALWAYS say "the book was better."

The new IT is coming soon. I'll go see that. But I bet King fans will not like it.

i read it in high school it took me awhile but 2 years ago i re read it for Stephen King group as a BOTM on goodreads and it took me a month to read it and this is for someone whom can read very fast. Still better then the movie but its is very long. But not as Long the Stand was
MikeyMyers
Camp Cook

DEATH has come to your little town Sheriff

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »

I have JUST started reading the book in anticipation of the remake!!!

I vaguely remember seeing the original movie as a kid, although just checking on IMDb it was a Mini-series?!

I have to apologise that I skipped through most of the posts in this thread, mainly because I didn't want to read any spoilers.

This is the first ever Stephen King novel I've read and far out, what a brilliant writer!

Cannot wait to finish the book and even more excited for the remake next year!!!
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 01:09:24 AM »

yep the movie was a mini series. its on dvd thoughj]
Blane
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 01:57:25 AM »

The only bad thing about the movie is it seemed way too long. Like the first have was cool but the second half dragged and then it ended badly imo.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 03:32:10 AM »

Funny how "Jessica" has read the book and goes into detail but "Blane" hates reading books.

mnknut22
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »

Funny how "Jessica" has read the book and goes into detail but "Blane" hates reading books.

aka the same person hahaha
MikeyMyers
Camp Cook

DEATH has come to your little town Sheriff

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »

OK so since last seeing this thread I finished reading the book AND have watched the original telemovie.

Has anyone else read the book in its entirety?

I was so excited once I finished the book that I had a few friends around to watch the movie that I bought off of iTunes.

O.M.G - the movie was THAT bad that I turned it off halfway through, apologising to my friends pleading with them to believe me that the book was incomparably BETTER!!!!

I understand that the "movie" is somewhat of a colt classic - but I believe this is relying heavily upon the success of the book and the time in which the original film was released.

This is definitely one film/novel that is LONG overdue for a modern day treatment!

Thankfully Stephen King has given the below endorsement:

"Andy Muschietti's remake of IT (actually it's Part 1--The Losers' Club) succeeds beyond my expectations. Relax. Wait. And enjoy."
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »

OK so since last seeing this thread I finished reading the book AND have watched the original telemovie.

Has anyone else read the book in its entirety?

I was so excited once I finished the book that I had a few friends around to watch the movie that I bought off of iTunes.

O.M.G - the movie was THAT bad that I turned it off halfway through, apologising to my friends pleading with them to believe me that the book was incomparably BETTER!!!!

I understand that the "movie" is somewhat of a colt classic - but I believe this is relying heavily upon the success of the book and the time in which the original film was released.

This is definitely one film/novel that is LONG overdue for a modern day treatment!

Thankfully Stephen King has given the below endorsement:

"Andy Muschietti's remake of IT (actually it's Part 1--The Losers' Club) succeeds beyond my expectations. Relax. Wait. And enjoy."

Aye I have read the book in its entirety.  The book was really good. So much more to the book (monsters wise, pennywise-wise)

I think there was just too much in the book that couldn't be brought to screen well. For example the end "battle" and all the cosmic shit. The film was disappointing compared to the book. Luckily I had seen the film as a kid before I read the book. The film would be average I guess if you hadn't read the book but comparing the film to the book, as most cases, isn't worth it as book are in general alot better. You shouldn't try and sell a film based on the book. Especially Stephen king adaptions (they are generally huge failures)

So did you finish the film?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: