Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

August 22, 2017, 05:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST!

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "You're going to Camp Blood..ain't ya?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Rate Jason X Out of 10  (Read 1746 times)
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »

I rate it a 7/10.  I just have fun watching it.
It is a fun movie , when you view it in that context . As a stand alone flick ? I enjoy it too .
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »

I'd give it a 4.5, maybe another point if the score was better.
We're both music guys ... I totally agree with you about the score . It could have been done better . It's one of my gripes about Jason X .
mnknut22
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

We're both music guys ... I totally agree with you about the score . It could have been done better . It's one of my gripes about Jason X .

It originally had the harry manfredini score from the original, but cuntingham, decided to cut it up like he does with these movies.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »

It originally had the harry manfredini score from the original, but cuntingham, decided to cut it up like he does with these movies.
I honestly didn't know that !
"Cuntingham" ??? Priceless and blasphemous at the same Smiley
Baby Firefly
Lifeguard

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 03:32:13 AM »

5/10 quality.  7.5/10 entertainment.
Jasonlives52
Camper

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 05:39:56 AM »

I give it 6/10. Note I didn't see this film in theaters because I had dropped out of the Jason craze after Part 7. But when I came back and watched this after being bitten by the bug again from seeing Freddy vs Jason, I was really expecting an unbearable viewing. To my surprise it was a film with loads of potential, some of which were addressed, but also allot of plot meat left on the bone.

What stood out to me was the contrast between the effects, which to this day still look quite good, and the choice of characters that seem to betray all that hard work. It was very odd. Some of the characters had great potential but there were too many that acted like sexually repressed teenagers who didn't look like they belong there, much less outside their basements at home.

The android was an interesting idea and I liked her for the most part. Sgt Brodski was actually a very good character. He came off almost like a Nick Fury character so he was enjoyable. Waylander was good and Adrienne seemed like a waste of a early kill since she had a serious tone but unfortunately was dressed like a typical Jason victim.

So I think that was the greatest disservice to the story. They dumbed down too many characters where it wasn't needed. Had they elevated more of the characters to the status of the story goals, I think you would have had a measurably better film. As it is, it was fun. Much better than I thought it would be and not nearly as bad as it's reputation over the years. They were definitely thinking outside the box and made some interesting strides going that direction. They just sold themselves short by not investing more in  the characters.
Fragminion
New Blood

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 03:10:26 AM »

8/10.  I won't lie.  I love this movie.  It was Fun all the way thru and has a couple of great kills, and the Kids were likeable and fun to watch get killed.  And it is the "Best" of the  "in Space" trope.  Jason X
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: