Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 11:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Warn your friends, warn everyone"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th BluRay Box Set (Sept 2013)  (Read 6208 times)
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

Warner Bros have done a wonderful job on this set, however , the problem I have is that there's another Friday movie coming out or so we keep hearing, soon enough this boxset will be out of date :-/
That's why they should have waited . The set could have had all 13 movies in one collection , after the next installment gets released .

Plus , it would give the powers that be , more time to unearth and clean up all the "lost" footage we're craving ! LOL
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »

That's why they should have waited . The set could have had all 13 movies in one collection , after the next installment gets released .

Plus , it would give the powers that be , more time to unearth and clean up all the "lost" footage we're craving ! LOL
There is no 'lost' footage.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »

There is no 'lost' footage.
That's a pretty bold statement . There's a whole thread about the uncut version of pt 2 (for example)  , as well as photo stills and a grainy YT video of the "decapitation" ending of pt 3 .

These items may still be out there ... somewhere .
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »

That's a pretty bold statement . There's a whole thread about the uncut version of pt 2 (for example)  , as well as photo stills and a grainy YT video of the "decapitation" ending of pt 3 .

These items may still be out there ... somewhere .
I highly doubt it, and if they are they are so badly damaged they wouldn't  be able to put them together to even put it back in its original state. Just imagine if they could they would make tons of money, so that isn't a possibility seeing as they would have just done that.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »

Never say never !

I know it's a cliche but it's a good adage to live by . In this case , there are legit claims and pieces of seen evidence , to suggest that more bonus features could still be waiting to be discovered .
Remember I said that "they" might unearth some more footage ? There's no telling what some former insider might have stashed away , possibly without even realising it ...

Just sayin'  Wink

JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »

Looks like WB shop got these back in stock, hope mine ships tomorrow.
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »

I highly doubt it, and if they are they are so badly damaged they wouldn't  be able to put them together to even put it back in its original state. Just imagine if they could they would make tons of money, so that isn't a possibility seeing as they would have just done that.
When they put Jaws on blu ray they used the original film. Even though it was damaged they were able to repair it, according to a video on youtube (I think it was called Jaws Blu Ray Restoration).

Now for the other matter. They probably don't think they'd make a whole lot of money because there's no guarantee a lot of fans would buy them after all this time. To them the Friday films are a has-been cash cow. Of course the films are being put on blu ray, but that's by Warner Bros, and it would be more work. Evidence to support this is the uncut scenes for The Final Chapter. They're on youtube in good quality I believe, but there's no uncut version in circulation out there as far as we know, except for a few claims.
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »

When they put Jaws on blu ray they used the original film. Even though it was damaged they were able to repair it, according to a video on youtube (I think it was called Jaws Blu Ray Restoration).

Now for the other matter. They probably don't think they'd make a whole lot of money because there's no guarantee a lot of fans would buy them after all this time. To them the Friday films are a has-been cash cow. Of course the films are being put on blu ray, but that's by Warner Bros, and it would be more work. Evidence to support this is the uncut scenes for The Final Chapter. They're on youtube in good quality I believe, but there's no uncut version in circulation out there as far as we know, except for a few claims.
You're right, they don't want to put the work into it, that's why Paramount let WB buy the rights, they had all the movies ready to go but didn't want to spend the money releasing them, now look, we have a set that's on backorder lol, or was anyway.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 02:18:41 PM »

Long time away ....

I'm glad to see these films finally released (as an entire set) in blu ray.  Unfortunately we will never totally get what we want out of this series but for a blu ray set listed for under $100 at Amazon it's not too bad.

That said I agree with the above poster that we will very well likely see yet another blu ray complete set once the new film is released.
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »

Long time away ....

I'm glad to see these films finally released (as an entire set) in blu ray.  Unfortunately we will never totally get what we want out of this series but for a blu ray set listed for under $100 at Amazon it's not too bad.

That said I agree with the above poster that we will very well likely see yet another blu ray complete set once the new film is released.
Highly unlikely, although if there is a new set if will just be the exact same transfers and features, nothing new.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »

Highly unlikely, although if there is a new set if will just be the exact same transfers and features, nothing new.

That's what I mean ... same films, just new boxes, cover art, etc.  That's why I do not believe we will all get what we want out of these or future box sets.  I've given up on uncut films, we will never see whatever little footage remains.  Much less version that incorporate the lost/missing scenes. 

Still, for under $100 you can have all of the F-13 films in a nice tidy box set.  So for new fans that have not bought the earlier releases this is a very nice set. 
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:52 AM »

That's what I mean ... same films, just new boxes, cover art, etc.  That's why I do not believe we will all get what we want out of these or future box sets.  I've given up on uncut films, we will never see whatever little footage remains.  Much less version that incorporate the lost/missing scenes. 

Still, for under $100 you can have all of the F-13 films in a nice tidy box set.  So for new fans that have not bought the earlier releases this is a very nice set. 
Or for fans that don't own them in HD, and in this case 4-X are making their blu ray debut.

Also my order shipped today, says it won't be here till Tuesday, but I am still pumped!
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »

I actually caved in and purchased a copy from Best Buy. I guess that was only inevitable.  Grin I watched Jason Goes to Hell last night. I am watching Jason Lives right now. I have to say, the quality of the picture and sound on these discs is absolutely amazing!
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »

Or for fans that don't own them in HD, and in this case 4-X are making their blu ray debut.

Also my order shipped today, says it won't be here till Tuesday, but I am still pumped!

I'm torn.  I have all the films on VHS and DVD (I also have the first 3 on Blu Ray) so while I really want the set to have 4 + on blu ray I think I can wait until around Christmas when the price will more than likely drop a little.  I did recently buy the Crystal Lake Memories blu ray which I should get in the mail on Friday (very excited about that).
JDW89
Lifeguard

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »

I'm torn.  I have all the films on VHS and DVD (I also have the first 3 on Blu Ray) so while I really want the set to have 4 + on blu ray I think I can wait until around Christmas when the price will more than likely drop a little.  I did recently buy the Crystal Lake Memories blu ray which I should get in the mail on Friday (very excited about that).
Honestly I don't see it dropping lower than what it is at ($70), at least not with the tin set, patch, band, and booklet, we might see a bare bones release sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: