Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 03:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Oooh Baby..Oooh Baby"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Let's take it out of movie land and into real life.  (Read 2757 times)
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »

Even though it was Jason that killed Harold and his wife in the movie...in real life their times of death would indicate that it was after the Higgins' Haven massacre and considering the killer used the same M.O. as Jason the police would most likely suspect a copycat killer.
wheres paul
Lifeguard

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »

Even though it was Jason that killed Harold and his wife in the movie...in real life their times of death would indicate that it was after the Higgins' Haven massacre and considering the killer used the same M.O. as Jason the police would most likely suspect a copycat killer.

Well, let's have a look shall we.

Part 2 - day 1/night 1 - Thurs the 12th (campfire) & day 2/night 2 - Fri the 13th. So, Jason would've murdered Harold and Edna Sat nite the 14th, because the next day is when they arrive and don't leave, sans Chris at HH making that Sunday the 15th. Sunday night is when Jason is taken to the morgue, escapes et al, and the next day starts the group from part 4 who would've been killed Mon 16th/Tues 17th which Jason is killed Tuesday the 17th in the evening.

Could be feasible that CRYSTAL LAKE had a morning/evening edition that Rob would've gotten the earliest Mon AM the 16th with that headline. Mon 16th am and pm newspapers could've had all the clips that Tommy was looking at on Tues 17th PM. Tommy's mom could've had PM paper on 16th with clip "murderers body missing". Feasible? I doubt Jason cared about "at press time". LOL!
wheres paul
Lifeguard

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 11:36:25 AM »

I would also like to think, in real life, the authorities would've found the shack and the remains of Alice, giving her parents some closure even after 5 years, and the head of Pamela Voorhees. I think possibly the thought of a still alive Jason may have ran through their heads but listen to the officer being interviewed beginning of part 4 "We are still awaiting the positive ID of the body..." referring to Jason BEFORE he states that the body is in the morgue.
wheres paul
Lifeguard

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »

Still amazing that parts 2-4 all happened in the space of a week. Thurs 12th-Tuesday 17th. If you count the cut footage from TFC at the end where Trish finds her mother, that is Wed morning, the 18th when she hears the sirens in the distance.
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »

Well, let's have a look shall we.

Part 2 - day 1/night 1 - Thurs the 12th (campfire) & day 2/night 2 - Fri the 13th. So, Jason would've murdered Harold and Edna Sat nite the 14th, because the next day is when they arrive and don't leave, sans Chris at HH making that Sunday the 15th. Sunday night is when Jason is taken to the morgue, escapes et al, and the next day starts the group from part 4 who would've been killed Mon 16th/Tues 17th which Jason is killed Tuesday the 17th in the evening.

Could be feasible that CRYSTAL LAKE had a morning/evening edition that Rob would've gotten the earliest Mon AM the 16th with that headline. Mon 16th am and pm newspapers could've had all the clips that Tommy was looking at on Tues 17th PM. Tommy's mom could've had PM paper on 16th with clip "murderers body missing". Feasible? I doubt Jason cared about "at press time". LOL!

Soooo...what are you saying?...
Mangler312
The Strangler
Camp Cook

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »

As others have pointed out, the cops wouldn't think he was still alive after he was in the morgue. They'd just think someone stole his body. And with Axel and his GF dead, maybe they'd guess Jason had an accomplice or a copycat who'd seen the new was tryin to duplicate Jason's work.

Could they have made it out to the area of the lake where the party kids and Jarvis fam were at sooner? Hell yea. They'd probably have checkpoints on the roads and cops all over a several mile radius to look for who killed the 2 morgue victims.

Surprising the characters in pt 4 knew nothin of the pt 2 and 3 murders and even stayed in the damn area. They shoulda been long gone from out there. 
wheres paul
Lifeguard

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 10:40:51 AM »

I skipped a day. OOPS!

Let's see summer '79 - okay, we covered that.
fast forward summer '84
pt 2 - thurs 12th day 1/night 1 - arrival, camp fire tale, crazy ralph death
pt 2 - fri 13th day 2/night 2 - campers go to bar, Jason kills remaining, Paul disappears
pt 3 - sat 14th morning - "where's Paul?" sat 14th night - Jason kills Harold/Edna
pt 3 - sun 15th day - chris and the bunch at higgins haven, the gang, Jason wrecks havoc, chris axes him sun night
pt 3 - mon 16th day - cops take Chris away/ mon 16th night - cops/ambulance at HH, Jason taken to morgue
pt 4 - Jason kills Axel Mon night, heads back to CL
pt 4 - tues 17th kids arrive next to Jarvis House, hitchhiker killed
pt 4 - wed 18th Jason wreaks havoc on kids, kills Rob and Jarvis/wed nite Tommy Kills Jason
pt 4 - thurs 19th am Trish's dream, wakes up in hospital - Jason Voorhees officially dead

So, it WAS exactly 1 week played out over 3 movies. Again, I appreciate the comments and yeah, I can see the cops would be thinking somebody stole the body but checkpoints should've been MAJOR. Thanks all.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:10:28 PM by wheres paul » Logged
8Jsandwich
Counselor

I'm in the mood for a Jarvis Sandwich

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 07:39:24 PM »

Maybe the cops were there..Jason just killed all of them and the disbatcher/other cops did a shit job of keeping informed on what was goings on and follow up...Maybe we didn't see all those kills. 
Nikki6am
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

Maybe the cops were there..Jason just killed all of them and the disbatcher/other cops did a shit job of keeping informed on what was goings on and follow up...Maybe we didn't see all those kills. 
It would be absolutely foolish to believe that the cops were going to stop Jason! Considering their success rate in the past, they didn't have a shot in hell.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »

I could see the events of 1957, 1958 and on up to Mrs Voorhees maniacal night of killing in 1979 happening in real life.

Fast forward 5 years and I could see that happening. The authorities obviously knew Mrs V was the killer so no bother to search the surrounding areas right? Suddenly, news that an unidentified maniac had slaughtered 8 people near the camp at the counselor training center COULD happen in real life and then the ensuing investigation take place. I got that.

Now, I remember reading a small tidbit in the part 2 novel that Jason had taken a different path away from the 2 camps while the authorities were conducting their investigation and that path took him up the lake towards Higgins Haven, I suppose further north than the 2 camps. So it is quite possible that part 3 COULD have unfolded as well.

BUT...........with him captured, presumed dead, the body at the morgue, ANY COMPETANT law enforcement agency would've made damn sure the events of part 4 did NOT happen. His body disappears and they don't begin a full scale massive manhunt? They had the description, hockey mask and all.

Amazing that for 2 days Jason ran rampant in the same words the police had been snooping around all week and no law involvement.

So, in the REAL world, parts 1-3, with all the backstory before them, COULD happen, no doubt. Highly unlikely a part 4 could take place IF the authorities knew what they were doing.

Would LOVE anybody that is involved in law enforcement at any level to comment. PLEASE! Thanx!

You just laid out why I feel the first 4 films are so great ... when you can tie it to reality you have a much more scary situation.  It's also why I feel those first 4 films set up such a strong following of fans.  They were visceral films, before the era or "in the know fans" or "post-horror horror films", and fans connected to them.  They were simple plots that could happen in reality.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »

Most of them can happy in reality to a point. No one can be struck by lightening and come back from the dead. Anyone can put on a mask and carry a sharp weapon.

The events of the original and Part 5 definitely can happen. What is the likelihood of an eleven year old boy washing up on the shore of a summer camp and actually surviving on his own? I think honestly, the chances are slim to none, considering the boy probably had no previous hunting experience, probably did not even know how to make a fire, could not survive in the New Jersey wilderness in the winter time etc.

Personally, I see Friday the 13th as a supernatural story since day one.
Ramse
Counselor

Want me to play a trombone solo for ya?

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »

I always thought (or hoped) that the "canoe"-scene and the "ice pick"-scene was just a dream or a dream within a dream.   
Since Jason wasn't a boy in 1978 but well into his 30s.
If thats true then maybe Alice is still alive.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »

I always thought (or hoped) that the "canoe"-scene and the "ice pick"-scene was just a dream or a dream within a dream.   
Since Jason wasn't a boy in 1978 but well into his 30s.
If thats true then maybe Alice is still alive.

i used to wonder and think that too until i learned that we see alice in JVs shack.. which for me actually brings it more into reality
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: