Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 01:41:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Warn your friends, warn everyone"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Last NON HORROR DVD/VHS/Movie You Watched #12  (Read 84484 times)
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #1890 on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »

ALL THE WAY (2016)
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwSeF35jfo
Pros...
- Whole cast is solid, Anthony Mackie doesn't look, sound or feel like MLK but works for his characterization within the film.
- Cranston is inevitably awesome.
Cons...
Spoiler (hover to show)
Regan/Pazuzu
Head Counselor

You're Going To Die Up There

« Reply #1891 on: October 01, 2016, 02:06:09 AM »

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
Sixteen Candles
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #1892 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »

- The Salvation (2014)
- Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
- Aladdin (1992)
- Dark Blue (2002)
- The Ghost Writer (2010)
- 2010 - The Year we make contact (1984)
Regan/Pazuzu
Head Counselor

You're Going To Die Up There

« Reply #1893 on: October 12, 2016, 08:05:08 PM »

Guyver: Dark Hero
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #1894 on: December 20, 2016, 02:09:30 AM »

Star Trek - Beyond (2016)
- Justin Lin's overall direction is great however his actual camera flow is mixed, at times how it floats above & around stuff can be beautiful and at other times border on making me dizzy which is a rarity for me.
- Jaylah's fight with Manas in particular needed less shaky cam. (still managed to be a good fight scene despite the camera)
- Idris Elba's Krall makes for a pretty damn good villain with a solid emotional motive. That said he really needed more scenes maybe even some full on flashbacks to the death of his Crew.
- Concept of him being a life force vampire is cool and made all the more unique in that he must take on the physical features of which ever species he drains.
- Sofia Boutella's Jaylah is quite distinctive, lovely & badass.
- Spock & Bones get some good scenes together, which is all the more appreciated as Bones was notably underused in Into Darkness.
- They handle Leonard Nimoy's death in a very respectful & touching manner towards the end of the film.
- Yes destroying the Enterprise is getting tiresome but it is handled magnificently here.
- The reuse of "sabatoge" song is unneeded but not nearly as cringy as I had been warned.
- Make up for various alien characters look good to great.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #1895 on: December 24, 2016, 11:57:34 PM »

Christmas Vacation.
Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Temple of Doom.
mnknut22
« Reply #1896 on: August 12, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »

I watched the breakfest club today.. I used to cringe when this movie came on tv and stuff..but its actually pretty funny until everyone gets all emotional and serious at the end. The dance scene though is fucking ridiculous.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #1897 on: August 16, 2017, 11:11:59 PM »

I watched the breakfest club today.. I used to cringe when this movie came on tv and stuff..but its actually pretty funny until everyone gets all emotional and serious at the end. The dance scene though is fucking ridiculous.

awwww its a classic!
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #1898 on: October 02, 2017, 02:04:42 AM »

Perry Mason - The Case of the Shooting Star (1986) - First time viewing...

Perry Mason - The Case of the Lost Love (1987) - First time viewing...

Dragon Ball Z - Super Android 13 (1992)
- Meh, one of the lesser Dbz movies.
- That said them actually battling in a city for once was refreshing.
- Some fun sarcastic lines ("gero must be getting old")

The Mysterians (1957)
- Might have just been tired, but was pretty bored through this viewing.
- Regardless the score is the best part of the film.

Rules of Engagement (2000)

Vantage Point (2008)
- Strong thriller, would like seeing a sequel in the same style.

Terror in the Midnight Sun (1957) - First time viewing...

Blade Runner (1982)
- Great no question but I like Alien notably more & don't get all that much emotionally out of it.
- Hoping the sequel will top it in that regard like it has for at least a few critics so far.
- Forgot the love scene being kinda rapey.

Bayonetta - Bloody Fate (2013) - First time viewing...
- Never played the game.
- Absolutely love the animation & art design. A few spare 3d models looked poor but it's never on screen long enough to cause issue.
- Voice work is good to great especially the lead.
- Score is really good.
- Surprised how notably overpowered Bayonetta is.
- Final cosmic god battle is fairly awesome & the kinda thing I'd really like to see in a Thor anime if Madhouse would get off their ass and do one.
- Makes me long for further anime video game adaptions, I need to watch the Dante's Inferno movie next. I wish Heavenly Sword's 2014 movie had this animation style rather then the 3d crap it got that didn't even look as good as the 2007 cinematic trailer for the freaking game.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #1899 on: October 08, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »

Rogue One.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #1900 on: October 12, 2017, 11:29:10 PM »

Heat

Its one of my favorite movies of the 90s but rarely watch it. While I hate Walmart, I do go there sometimes and when I do, I check out that bin of $5 DVDs. I was shocked to see this film in the bin and immediately grabbed it.

Its just about as close to a perfect film as you can get. My only complaint isn't much of a complaint. The subplot with Natalie Portman and her absentee father and her eventual attempted suicide. It doesn't really add anything to the story. We already know Al Pacino's relationship is down the toilet. This doesn't really help in either direction. It's just there. I did like how she chose to do it at his place. That must have stung her mother and made her feel even worse about what she was doing.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127]
  Print  

Jump to: