Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 05:40:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What's a hockey mask?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74385 times)
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2010, 11:52:04 PM »

Kinda sucked rly, the whole story was so dumb. jason swimming all the way to NY just to kill a bunch of school kids? WTF. Lips Sealed

yeah thats the part that really grinds my gears ... other than him teleporting.. how he manages to just like.. walk along the bottom of the ocean right underneath the row boat lol..
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »

the last few entries , before the F13 reboot , were just awful IMO...
yet , a 'bad' Jason movie still rocks my world more than a 'good' Hannah Montana flick !!!

the comedy should be reserved for the speaking cast only .... people shouldn't be thinking that Jason is funny !
it's Friday the 13th for christ's sake ....Jason should be scaring the crap out of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »

I can not say that I disliked any of them. I can say that I do like some more then others, yet I still like them all. I to think Manhattan is the worst of the series, but only because they didn't spend enough time in New York.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »

I can not say that I disliked any of them. I can say that I do like some more then others, yet I still like them all. I to think Manhattan is the worst of the series, but only because they didn't spend enough time in New York.

personally i liked them more on the boat...only cause they spent so little time actually in  NY...
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »

ok.. watch this.. i was almost in tears i was laughing so hard! (starts at 28 secs)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmICjcyxprQ&feature=related[/youtube]
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »

I saw the guy with no pants. lol You guys aren't alone. =)

I think I like this movie because (and I've said it b4) it had really good cinematography.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »

Haha awesome king!! Finally....there's a third who has witnessed this pantless man!!!!! Lol
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »

Indeed. =-)
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »

That video is definitely one of my favorite kills in part 8! The video was hilarious with that "shit fuck" song in it LMAO had me laughin my ass off!!
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2010, 08:17:57 AM »

ok.. watch this.. i was almost in tears i was laughing so hard! (starts at 28 secs)
i love it !!  lol great stuff

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmICjcyxprQ&feature=related[/youtube]
Robot5
Camper

« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »

I liked this better when I was younger. I remember buying the vhs at the local video store. I didn't like it that much, and I find it kind of unwatchable now. It was fun as hell to track down all the vhs tapes of the fridays when I was younger. The whole teleport thing pisses me off, and I'm not a fan of Kane. There's too many shots in his fridays of him just standing, breathing really hard, and looking buff.
Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »

The film felt rushed. Another year in production wouldn't have hurt. I think the idea for the film was awesome, though. Also, this movie suffered due to budget constraints. A bunch of sequences in New York (Just think of the possibilities: Someone hanging off the Brooklyn Bridge, someone impaled on the pointy crown thingy of the Statue of Liberty, Jason "drowning" in the East River, whatever), a better script, more time and a bigger budget, and this movie could have been really, really special.

God, Paramount really just tried to run this series right into the ground, didn't they.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

The film felt rushed. Another year in production wouldn't have hurt. I think the idea for the film was awesome, though. Also, this movie suffered due to budget constraints. A bunch of sequences in New York (Just think of the possibilities: Someone hanging off the Brooklyn Bridge, someone impaled on the pointy crown thingy of the Statue of Liberty, Jason "drowning" in the East River, whatever), a better script, more time and a bigger budget, and this movie could have been really, really special.

God, Paramount really just tried to run this series right into the ground, didn't they.
love the post Batty !!
and the mental image i now have of your suggested impaling scene , is wicked awesome !!

too bad they didn't have a bigger budget to really include New York , but i've read that the movie was already way over , in terms of $$.
IMO the idea for the film was fair , yet they tried to give the impression that the scenery and location would be fantastic and modern , which they couldn't pull off .

this was after all , a F13th horror movie with basically no cash to capture what the title of the film led viewers to imagine they'd see onscreen !

btw ... i still like it as a fan of the series...

Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »

The thing is, and this my opinion. By no means is this fact. But it seems to me that Paramount didn't want to really put any money or effort into this franchise. Had New Line taken over before Jason Takes Manhattan, I don't think it would have been so bad. I think Hedden's original view of the film would have seen light because New Line would have put more money into it. I also don't think they'd rush it.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

The thing is, and this my opinion. By no means is this fact. But it seems to me that Paramount didn't want to really put any money or effort into this franchise. Had New Line taken over before Jason Takes Manhattan, I don't think it would have been so bad. I think Hedden's original view of the film would have seen light because New Line would have put more money into it. I also don't think they'd rush it.
Totally agree with ya there, all though I still think fans would be upset with the movie, cuz we all know that New Line liked to try new things with Jason and the majority of the fans have not been feeling it really. I like the New Line movies, but most people I hear talking about the New Line installments always have something bad to say about em, so if this movie came out through NL, I think I would've liked it and you would, but I also think would talk about it like they do Jason X or JGTH you know what I mean?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: