Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 12:26:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Camp Crystal Lake is jinxed!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74492 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

so it's never explained why Jason chose to go up to the ship instead of just goin back into the camp once he's revived.

Good question. You can see behind Jimmy's boat that there IS a new camp there, and its all lit up, as though it was open. So why on earth would Jason NOT go there and kill the people that were there....unless it was just lit up and nobody was there. But how'd Jason know there was a boat filled with Crystal Lake teenagers just waiting for him the next day X amount of miles or whatever away from Camp...off in the ocean LOL

This movie would NOT have been good had they given them a bigger budget. I mean, they wanted to put him on the empire state building, and have a little Jason coming out of big Jason's mouth yelling for mommy. It would have been SO MUCH worse.

On another note....

Camp Crystal Lake is in New Jersey...and they are on a cruise to NY...WHY?? The two states are so close together. I mean, look at a map. There is no way the cruise would be a long one in the first place.
mangler
New Blood

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

Good question. You can see behind Jimmy's boat that there IS a new camp there, and its all lit up, as though it was open. So why on earth would Jason NOT go there and kill the people that were there....unless it was just lit up and nobody was there. But how'd Jason know there was a boat filled with Crystal Lake teenagers just waiting for him the next day X amount of miles or whatever away from Camp...off in the ocean LOL

This movie would NOT have been good had they given them a bigger budget. I mean, they wanted to put him on the empire state building, and have a little Jason coming out of big Jason's mouth yelling for mommy. It would have been SO MUCH worse.

On another note....

Camp Crystal Lake is in New Jersey...and they are on a cruise to NY...WHY?? The two states are so close together. I mean, look at a map. There is no way the cruise would be a long one in the first place.

There's nothin they could do to save this one. They'd have to explain Jason's side of the Rennie thing, how he knows she's on the ship, and how he knows WTF she looks like. lol Then there's the whole NY thing. Did he just hold onto the bottom of their boat or some shit? Unlikely he swam the whole way. For these kinds of movies I got no problem acceptin some unrealistic shit, but man they just threw up their hands and said fuck it wit this one homey.
MotorexGTR32
I am deaf.
Camper

Jesus Fucking Christmas!!!

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

This is the worst F13 movie of all and ironically about this movie, this movie was my first purchase of Friday the 13th. It was VHS and got it about 15 years ago.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »

There's nothin they could do to save this one. They'd have to explain Jason's side of the Rennie thing, how he knows she's on the ship, and how he knows WTF she looks like. lol Then there's the whole NY thing. Did he just hold onto the bottom of their boat or some shit? Unlikely he swam the whole way. For these kinds of movies I got no problem acceptin some unrealistic shit, but man they just threw up their hands and said fuck it wit this one homey.

i dunno if JV was specifically after rennie.. i think it was kinda first see, first kill..
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »

i'm one of the few who really liked this movie, i mean the kills were really cool and i like that they did something different with it. yeah there's parts that don't make since, but i ain't trippin about it. it's not my favorite movie from the series, but i truly did enjoy it. i also am one of the few that like the other 2 of everyone's most hated jason flicks like jgth and jx. my favorite is part 6 though...
Giganta
Victim

« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »

this is one of the worst in the series ,but has some great characters like Tamara "night time is the right time" only Melissa from part 7 was a better bitch. I also like J.J. and Rennie
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »

this is one of the worst in the series ,but has some great characters like Tamara "night time is the right time" only Melissa from part 7 was a better bitch. I also like J.J. and Rennie

rennie.. ans seann are probably the wo characters i hate MOST in any friday 13th movie.... then and maybe lori from FvJ.........i like the movie takin part on a boat.. but they shoulda have the boat drift to CCL.. or after the boat sinks.. have them come ashore at CCL.. jjust SOMETHING better than JV in NYC..
Giganta
Victim

« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »

I did not like sean either what a wimp,your right about JV in NYC
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

a better name for this would have been "Manhatten Owns Jason"  Grin
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »

.....or How about "Jason chases protagonists into a sewer where he is melted by toxic waste into the worst special effects in the series"? Would that have been a better title? lol
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »

.....or How about "Jason chases protagonists into a sewer where he is melted by toxic waste into the worst special effects in the series"? Would that have been a better title? lol

i think that rolls off the tounge quite nicely hahaha Grin
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »

I think that since Rob Hedden has his mind made up to go to Manhattan, they should have given him the budget so he could have had the Madison Square Garden scene. That would have been awesome. If you're going this route in the 8th movie of the franchise, why not go balls out!
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »

I think the problem is that as sequels carry on for some reason instead of branching out they sticked to the same one trick pony and failed to live up to it's name. The same goes with the Elm Street franchise, the possibilities of dream sequences and imaginations are unlimited, but they stuck with half assed visuals and an unfunny Freddy.

There could have been a lot of possibilities for this film or even a completely different route at the time. I think it boils down to the writers, even a fan of the series could create a much better and entertaining film. With that said, unfortunately, this movie does hold some nostalgic value since it was one of the first Friday films I saw when I was young, along with Part 4. It is, what it is I suppose.
slashfreak
New Blood

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »

I don't know what to think about the boat idea.  I think it is kinda cool, being that they changed everything up and all...but I don't know if it really worked.  I did like the sweet guitar kill though.  Jason doesn't belong anywhere but in the woods...
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »

I don't know what to think about the boat idea.  I think it is kinda cool, being that they changed everything up and all...but I don't know if it really worked.  I did like the sweet guitar kill though.  Jason doesn't belong anywhere but in the woods...

agreed....its funny cause thats the first thing the director wanted to do... is take jason OUT of the woods...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: