Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 09:46:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Some folks have a strange idea of entertainment"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74390 times)
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »

I find myself putting it in occasionally. It wasn't a horrible movie. It makes me feel kinda cold when I watch it.......You can feel the early 90's starting to come through in the movie. It also proved even more that by '89 Jason was an Icon (that could make a LOT of money).......I don't now how it would have played out if some more of the original script was used, but I'm sure it would be a better film.  The mask in this film was one of my favorites for some reason. The face at the end of this movie is HORRIBLE! I wish the gore was back in the movie (I would also love to see it unrated).  I can't complain tho......Jason was still badass in this movie (regardless if he could teleport, read, turn into a little boy.....ok, maybe not the last one ^_~ lol).  It could have been a worse movie.  The only real things that bother me about Jason Takes Manhattan are: A) The fact that it isn't really a direct sequel to The New Blood. B) Jason's costume has changed way to much (even if it does look kool)  C) I must say again Jason's face was HORRIBLE! D) The flashbacks of the young Jason could have been used better....case in point, the ENDING!.....or not used at all..

Overall it isn't a bad movie......and for some reason it holds a good place in my heart (maybe it's because it reminds me of the live action Ninja Turtles movies, or just because the film had a very good Director of Photography) I don't know.......

But that's how the King thinks of Jason Takes Manhattan, Like it or not. lol

VIVA LA VOORHEES!
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »

I agree with you, King. For what it was JTM was a cool movie. Kane's performance was bad ass. I have always been a Kane Hodder fan. I thought the mask was okay, but the face did look horrible. I like to think that the look was an immediate result of the toxic waste and not truely the best the make-up effects people could come up with.  Lips Sealed
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2009, 02:18:31 AM »

JTM is very entertaining and i love it
im a proud fan
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »

Well compared to some of the earlier installments it wasn't that great but I have a soft spot from JTM and watch it whenever I have a chance. My only beef is that they spent too much time on the cruise ship but other than that it was very entertaining.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

They didn't have the money to spend too much time in NYC. I loved the shots of him standing in the middle of Times Square though. I also love the boxing match on the roof. Too bad that was originally written to happen in MSG. Cry Jason Takes Manhattan needed a much bigger budget then it had for what Rob wrote to be realized, but Paramount wasn't wiling to give it much more money then any of the others. So, that is why it took place mostly on the ship. Even some of the New York scenes were actually shot in Vancover, Canada just like Freddy vs. Jason.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »

i still dont know how the hell JV was able to track rennie and the rest after the boat sank... they were SO far from NY... and it seems like JV just walked along the bottom of the ocean and follwed them....cause we all know he cant swim!!!! Grin
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure that is what he did. He just followed the boat from the bottom of the water. How he was able to see through those dark waters is another story.  Grin

Withouth thinking too much, just assume he walked on the bottom of the water and followed the boat to New York. I think that is what we were intended to believe. A lot has to be taken for granted while watching these films.  Cool
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:59 AM »

maybe he held on the the boat lol
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 06:49:13 AM »

As much flack as this movie takes,I always enjoy it when I watch it.True it would have been great if they could have had the time and money to do more in NY but its still a fun movie.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »

As much flack as this movie takes,I always enjoy it when I watch it.True it would have been great if they could have had the time and money to do more in NY but its still a fun movie.

I'm with you on this ... I certainly enjoy it more than JGH or Jason X.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2009, 07:16:01 AM »

i also enjoy JTM better than ANY of the newline films..
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »

I think I like Jason X more, but how can you not love the boxing scene? That was gold!
lopli321
Camper

« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:59 PM »

I actually enjoyed Jason Takes Manhattan, it wasn't THAT bad. In some ways it was absolutley terrible, but in some ways I loved it.

The GOODS:
The whole, strange, visions of young Jason.
Kane Hodder's performance

The BADS:
Misleading title.
Less than 30 minutes in Manhattan.
mangler
New Blood

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »

This one was a huge letdown. Even if they had put him in NY it wouldn't of been that good imo. At least it woulda delivered the goods promised by the title tho. Just don't see why they took him outta Crystal Lake, especially if they weren't even gonna do much wit the NY angle. Lone highlight here is the rooftop fight. No other really sweet kills in 8. Backstory of Rennie was way more thorough than the one wit Chris and I still ain't like it much. The thing wit Rennie is all from her end of things, so it's never explained why Jason chose to go up to the ship instead of just goin back into the camp once he's revived. Jason just looks slimy here, as opposed to really zombified in 7 or hardcore, armed badass in 6. His unmasked face looked dumb, and the climax was fuckin weak. And of course Jason starts teleporting here in 8. Was real disappointed wit this one.
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

I actually did not like the backstory they wrote into the script. Rennie seeing Jason as a kid makes no sense in the timeline of the franchise at all and the Nightmare On Elm STREET visions were horrible. If they took that out of the movie and didn't have Jason scream like a little girl and talk at the end, the movie would have been great.

I thought Kane was awesome. It is really amazing how a lot of fans are hating on him now. I don't get it. Everyone loved the guy when he was the man?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: