Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 12:05:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason Voorhees is dead!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 70139 times)
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2008, 01:11:22 AM »

"Jason Takes Manhattan" is actually one of my favourites, of course it is not as good as the older films, but I still thought it was enjoyable. Come on, you have to admit the part where the "gangsters" start talking rotten to Jason, and he just calmly removes his mask and ultimately, scares them shitless was pretty funny.

lol... the funny thing about that is they show that same gang during the beggining credits.. theyre chillin in the same spot.. and jason doesnt walk by them till the end...
MichaelMyers1978
Counselor

Death Star

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2008, 08:08:40 AM »

lol... the funny thing about that is they show that same gang during the beggining credits.. theyre chillin in the same spot.. and jason doesnt walk by them till the end...

Lol...
i never realised that
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »

Part 3 has a been a favorite of mine for over 18 years,i loved Dana Kimmell and feel the mood of this film could only be compaired with 4.I really like the acting,i don't know why it's gets beaten up in this department.
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »

This should be in the part 3 section i caught confused for a moment.Part 8 took me a long time to warm up to in all actuality but it's one of my personal favorites now maninly because it was the last of the series where Parmount were involved and the spirit of 80's was sadly,at an end.The ones that came after this are very debatable
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »

This should be in the part 3 section i caught confused for a moment.Part 8 took me a long time to warm up to in all actuality but it's one of my personal favorites now maninly because it was the last of the series where Parmount were involved and the spirit of 80's was sadly,at an end.The ones that came after this are very debatable

agreed... newline ones had a handful of desent parts.. but as a whole they didnt have any of the same feel as the paramount ones...its almost like they WANTED to bash the series.. i mean.. who the hell ever thought that sending jason into space was a good idea??
MichaelMyers1978
Counselor

Death Star

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »

agreed... newline ones had a handful of desent parts.. but as a whole they didnt have any of the same feel as the paramount ones...its almost like they WANTED to bash the series.. i mean.. who the hell ever thought that sending jason into space was a good idea??

The director of Jason X , thought it was a good idea LOL !

i heard he said he realized it was a mistake sending Jason to space !
cabbagestew
New Blood

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

Hey guys,  I was just thinking about Part 8.  It's been a while since I have seen it.  Refresh my memory: did Rennie stab Jason with a calligraphy pen when they were on the boat?  If it was a calligraphy pen, that would be kinda cool because I am a professional calligrapher, and it would be nice to know that I can use one of my pens to fight Jason Voorhees!  Roll Eyes
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2008, 06:27:20 PM »

the script calls it an "inked dipped pen"... im n ot sure if thats  the same thing... but its a good part of the film(one of NOT so many)...
GhostDog
Lifeguard

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »

I saw this movie and it is a enjoyable movie the worst part is probaly the sewer scene but that's it Jason Pt. 9
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2008, 12:02:08 AM »

ya the sewer scene is a real weak ending... and everything to do with young JV was horrible... i cant stand it when they try to make you sympathise with the villian...and how JV seems to teleport up to a 2nd floor building still baffles me to this day.... Tongue
GhostDog
Lifeguard

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2008, 07:34:13 PM »

ya the sewer scene is a real weak ending... and everything to do with young JV was horrible... i cant stand it when they try to make you sympathise with the villian...and how JV seems to teleport up to a 2nd floor building still baffles me to this day.... Tongue
I agree
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »

The director of Jason X , thought it was a good idea LOL !

i heard he said he realized it was a mistake sending Jason to space !

In "Making Friday the 13th" the authors says Sean Cunningham wanted to put out another Friday film to gear interest towards a Freddy vs Jason film ... and he didn't want to release a movie that would hamper the future F Vs J film in any way. 

The sad thing about the series is that after part 8 no one knew what to do with the series.  Actually, after part 4 every director since then tried too hard to create something different because everyone wanted to get away from the "same basic story", they wanted to reinvent it.  However looking back that was the wrong thing to do, instead of keeping everything coherent they only hurt the series as a whole.  If you watch the films in order, as some kind of marathon you see that 1-4 fit very well together, after that it becomes a mess.  Not that the films after 4 are bad, they just each have their own thing going on. 

While I'm not really looking forward to the remake it will be interesting to see where the remake takes the series.  Will there be sequels?  If so, I'm sure it will go off on it's own without taking 3-10 as any kind of outline. 
Mr Krueger
Camper

You Are All My Children Now!

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »

I think it's ok, it's not a terrible movie or anything. I just prefer the older FT13 movies, where it's all about Camp Crystal Lake, none of this Manhattan nonsense, and Jason X.... space? Jason in space? -sigh
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »

I think it's ok, it's not a terrible movie or anything. I just prefer the older FT13 movies, where it's all about Camp Crystal Lake, none of this Manhattan nonsense, and Jason X.... space? Jason in space? -sigh

the thing that always pisses me of when watching is... its called jason takes manhatten... but 80% of it is on the damn boat...i do like the guitar kill... even though we dont really see it...
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2009, 05:36:16 AM »

Hey guys,  I was just thinking about Part 8.  It's been a while since I have seen it.  Refresh my memory: did Rennie stab Jason with a calligraphy pen when they were on the boat?  If it was a calligraphy pen, that would be kinda cool because I am a professional calligrapher, and it would be nice to know that I can use one of my pens to fight Jason Voorhees!  Roll Eyes

i know that was the stupist thing ever lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: