Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 21, 2017, 10:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "It says you're a dead fuck..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 70178 times)
Springwood Slasher
Dream Stalker!!!
Head Counselor

When you get to hell tell'em FREDDY SENT YA!!

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 11:50:05 PM »

Quote from: "Gamefreak365"
I liked it, especially when jason showed his face to those gang members

LMAO!!

Yeah that was pretty funny :laugh:
Verdasaw
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »

According to the director from the Friday The 13th Boxed Set, Jason Takes Manhattan was supposed to have much much more time in New York. He even planned to shoot a scene in the Statue Of Liberty. He planned to shoot so many scenes in New York but they said that they were not allowed to spend too much time in New York. I can't remember exactly why. Overall, I didn't really like it. IMO, it's a disgrace to the series. Too bad that Kane Hodder acted in the most lousiest films of the series  :sad: Besides The New Blood of course. To be honest, I've never really saw Jason Goes To Hell. I saw a part of it before back when I was younger but I didn't really know what it was at that time. So I can't comment on it lol. Jason X was actually nice. It was actually good. Its the storyline that makes it ugly. Overall I like Jason X.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »

Filming in NY was just too expensive. So it wasn't within the budget. I just don't understand why they kept the same title for the film.

The scene you are talking about with the statue...I'm glad they weren't able to film. He wanted Jason to climb up it like King Kong or some shit.
Warrior1230
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 01:34:52 AM »

I thought this was the worst Friday the 13th ever made. I plan on never watching this piece of crap film ever again. For one he is only in New York for like 15 min. of the film. The face he has at the end of the film is the worst one ive ever seen. Sure it had some nice kills but that is the only good thing about part 8. Anyways as i said before, i think it sucked balls.
Herald
New Blood

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

After carefully rewatching Part 8 I'm beginning to really like it. I agree with the flaws of the young Jason looking normal, the silly look of Jason unmasked and the teleports he does. It even has the hideous 90's clothes and no nudity, but what makes this movie shine is Kane's portrayal of Jason.
He's constantly growling and breathing and generally looking pissed. In part 2 to 6 Jason is always bumbling around. Kane's Jason never fell over his own feet or get knocked over with a branch.

So in the end Kane makes Part 8 a decent entry.
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »

There are some fun moments in this entry. I used to hate VIII, but after seeing what New Line did to JV in further films........
Batty!
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »

I appreciate part 8 for what it tried to do.  It was a good concept.  I for one am sick of campers and woods and camp grounds, so yeah changing the setting of the film from Camp Crystal Lake to Manhattan was a god idea.  But the goodness ended there at the idea stage.  The movie's just shit and anyone who says otherwise is only kidding themselves.
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »

Before I saw the movie and just read the title I was thinking the whole thing was going to be taking place in the city, I'm somewhat glad it didn't...That statue of liberty scene I think would've been kind of cheesy.
Jason_Lives
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »

I thought the movie was blah. I wasnt bad but it wasnt good either. I liked a few of the kills but thats about it. I think they should of continued Jason's rotting, although then he probably would of been a naked skeleton lol. I did kinda like the look though but not his face. I also think they should of set it somewhere else.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

Filming in NY was just too expensive. So it wasn't within the budget. I just don't understand why they kept the same title for the film.

The scene you are talking about with the statue...I'm glad they weren't able to film. He wanted Jason to climb up it like King Kong or some shit.

Thank god they did not do that because that would really be some lame ass shit
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »

Haha, one of the skins for The Sims 2 for Jason, has an new body type for him when he's naked and he's all rotten and stuff, its pretty funny. but in the movie would have been sick hahaha
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 09:46:02 PM »

How do you get Skins of Jason for Sims 2? I am getting Sims 2 soon for my computer and i want to make some skins of jason & freddy.
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 01:45:26 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't hate this movie?

The whole Jason on a boat idea was actually a good one. Just imagine yourself running from a very big ship chased by Jason, and you don't know where he is. I found myself entertained in the first hour or so when he was on the boat. The humor works in some part.

My only dislike is that he didn't kill that many people when he was in New York. It could have just end with the boat parts and name it Jason Takes a Cruise. It would be a hell lot better than it is.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:18:47 AM by AnotherHorrorFanatic » Logged
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

I think i would had like the movie if they spend more time on New York then on that damn boat
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 10:36:35 AM »

I think i would had like the movie if they spend more time on New York then on that damn boat

Hmmm......They could have named Jason takes a Boat but, that wouldn't have attracted as much people.....like I said another market gimmick.

Sadly, this was the last of all continuity for the Friday the 13th series. Cry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: