Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 03:47:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Steve should never have opened this place again!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74291 times)
VoorheesLover
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 12:36:05 PM »

whats with all this weird "’t" text going on here?

anyhow, i can say that jason goes to hell is worse then jason x because at least jason is still jason...i can't really say that for jason takes manhattan because it is still jason. in jason goes to hell its jason body jumping!

part8 is much better then jason x! I agree with that.

I think the ending of pt8 is rennie seeing shit again. i mean she's been seeing little kid jason all over the boat, and we know its just her imagination playing with her, so we can see that the toxic waste at the end messed with her there too...she didn't really see anything other then the hockey mask...but that doesn't explain how jason was jason in jason goes to hell...maybe the toxic waste made him look all bubbly who knows
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »

Jason flipping up his mask at the punks on the street? totally not jasonlike! They were poking fun at him and trying to make a funny moment in the film, but it just made Jason more of a joke.

Same goes for the decapitation of Julius & the teleportation...not to mention that Jason is on a boat for most of the movie.

I understand in the long run a lot of the ideas Rob Hedden had weren't possible on the budget they had...well then, maybe they should have renamed the film.

I don't think Jason would have stayed out on the boat that long either...I could be wrong but in the very beginning when the music is playing, don't they say what time it is? I can't recall, that would at least give us some sort of time frame of how long he stayed on the boat.

As for Rennie's "Visions" according to Rob Hedden they are just that, visions that are scaring Rennie...same goes with the ending of the film, he states that he wanted the viewers a little confused...then again, he's stating this years later, so who knows. He also states somewhere  that the scene where Rennie is pulled into the water as a child by child Jason was not her vision but real...now explain that one into the timeline lol
Zodiac
Lifeguard

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »

Actually part 8 is one of my favorites Because of the un-Jason like behavior. The part where he takes his mask off to scare those punks made me laugh. It made me think and wonder if he really isnt as stupid as we all think. I mean really If he would have slaughtered those punks in the middle of the city like that, it would have gathered a lot of attention that was unwanted. I thought it was funny.

It should have been called Jason Takes a Vacation, that is what it was essentially.

The teleporting is an issue for most people. But I enjoyed it. I mean what is scarier than an unstoppable killing monster...one that can teleport and find you where ever you go. It was a nice touch I thought.

Even though this movie was Funny Jason seemed more angry than ever. I mean the kills are just violent. He drowns a guy in a slimy bucket, Tears a kid's head off with a punch..gotta love it.

The Boat did not do much for the isolation factor as the thing seemed to be larger than the titanic...I did like the Disco kill though...the music seemed to get more sinister as it went on and  as he killed..then it just stopped....cool.

Jason seemed to be right at home in NYC. I think he would have liked it there.

Was it just me or did Jason seem like he was constantly soaking wet through out the entire show? The water element had alot to do with this movie to be sure. As for rennie and her visions....This is nothing new in the series, Visions and dream sequences are pretty well known since the very first movie.

As for the ending of the movie....they live in a universe where dead things can come back from the grave and kill hundreds of people....and toxic waste through the sewers seems far fetched to you? If you can accept Jason coming back to life, but not Toxic waste...I cant help you there.

But the pros outweigh the cons for me in this movie.

Speaking of Teleportation. In Jason X when Jason escapes at the very beginning and the soldier gets thrown through the door, and tells Rowan he is sorry...Just how did Jason Get behind her with out her knowing? I mean we didnt see any other doors leading out of the room. And Jason Obviously didnt go through the door the soldier was thrown through, so just how did he get behind her like that? Yeah....Its Teleportation on a limited scale it's gotta be...
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 07:47:05 AM »

i liked it . it was the first  F13th id ever seen . i prefered the crystal lake setting over the jason of the caribbean theme but like zodiac says, there is good violent killings. its not all bad.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

Only thing i like bout part 8 was when Jason killed that Slut Tamara
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

"I love someone I can never have..."

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

I liked that movie,it is my 2nd favorite.My first favorite is Part 7!
random guy
Head Counselor

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »

according to imdb In the original script, when Jason makes it to the dock, a dog starts barking at him and he kicked it. Kane Hodder, who was playing Jason, felt that kicking the dog was going too far and so the scene was dropped

good call by hodder
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »

Jason Takes Manhattan is mediocre at best, but if fans were willing to be objective about it, a number of the preceding entries were worse by far - the third and fifth films are much worse than the eighth. One has to appreciate the attempt to do something - anything - new with the franchise, and, even if it failed to succeed on all levels, it is still a worthwhile entry (though hardly superior to Jason X, which is an issue for another thread).

Were there insipid elements in this film? Yes, and a lot of them - the ending, Jason not being deformed in the flashbacks as well as his maskless look, etc. - but, taken as a whole, it has enough to it not to be a total waste of time. One just wishes Paramount would have been willing to increase the budget by a few million so that we could have seen the film as it should have been.

As for the teleporting.... it makes sense in-universe, given his supernatural abilities.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »

Quote from: "Soul_of_Voorhees"
Jason Takes Manhattan is mediocre at best, but if fans were willing to be objective about it, a number of the preceding entries were worse by far - the third and fifth films are much worse than the eighth. One has to appreciate the attempt to do something - anything - new with the franchise, and, even if it failed to succeed on all levels, it is still a worthwhile entry (though hardly superior to Jason X, which is an issue for another thread).

The reasons you state that Pt 8 was good in that above paragraph are the reasons I think Part 3 & 5 are good. . . well 5 not "good" but its not horrible either.

I mean, they tried to do something different that wasn't lame. I personally feel that Pt. 5 added to Tommy's story, and helped kick start Pt. 6.

JTM has its moments, but overall is horrible...
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »

I'd say of the original 8 this is definitely the worst, I say this simply because i can't stand the storyline...What I originally understood was that jason kills people that enter camp crystal lake...and it seems stupid that hed randomly get on a boat, go to the dock, and board a random ship, and chase these people all the way to manhattan.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 07:08:25 PM »

Quote from: "JaSoNoWnZu"
I'd say of the original 8 this is definitely the worst, I say this simply because i can't stand the storyline...What I originally understood was that jason kills people that enter camp crystal lake...and it seems stupid that hed randomly get on a boat, go to the dock, and board a random ship, and chase these people all the way to manhattan.

Not quite, it is explained in the film by the deckhand that they were the "last ones" which is why Jason gets on that particular ship. I think as it stands JTM is a pretty poor film but the reason it get's so much grief is because there aren't enough New York scenes so if the film had a bit more of a budget to work with I think the end product would been one of the best.

Dark
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 05:39:56 AM »

What makes them particular though? Why did he decide to go about that boat and not another one?
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »

Because they were the "last ones" not sure what he meant by that, should've been more specific but could either be they were the last teens (highly unlikely) or the last ones who spent time at the camp (possible) in any case that is how it was explained in the movie.
VoorheesShirt
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »

8 is a good one.

Best kill, 'hees absolutely BASHING "Joan Jett" with the Gibson Flying V.      The camera POV/blood spurt shot was great as were the sound effects of strings butsting.
Gamefreak365
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 11:45:51 PM »

I liked it, especially when jason showed his face to those gang members

LMAO!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: