Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 12:14:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What is this, a joke?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 70257 times)
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »

I hate this one. I can't even bring myself to watch it anymore.
I tried watching it a few months ago. I turned it off before they even get to NY. It's just an overdose of cheese. The world's first MTV movie.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2015, 03:25:25 AM »

A few days ago this movie turned 26 years old. Happy birthday JTM. Still loving this movie!
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »

I tried watching it a few months ago. I turned it off before they even get to NY. It's just an overdose of cheese. The world's first MTV movie.

Yet, it is way better than that terrible new Scream TV series.
Blane
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2015, 12:30:51 AM »

Yet, it is way better than that terrible new Scream TV series.

Hell yes. But that's not saying anything. lol.

I wonder how bad the Friday the 13th TV series will be. YOU KNOW it'll suck soooo bad. Like a girl who uses too much teeth.
mnknut22
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2015, 11:58:29 AM »

Hell yes. But that's not saying anything. lol.

I wonder how bad the Friday the 13th TV series will be. YOU KNOW it'll suck soooo bad. Like a girl who uses too much teeth.

I dont have much faith it in it either. For one its on CW network. Which is basically a family friendly network. Two cunninghams participation. He really only cares about the numbers and not the quality. It will be completely cut and safe for networks. Just doesn't sound promising yet.
mhtdtr
New Blood

« Reply #440 on: October 09, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »

I saw again this film and i must say that, for me, it is the second worst of all, only behind of jgth. There are so many things wrong with this entry:

First the music. Without Harry Manfredini this does not feel like a friday film and the ki ki ma ma sounds a lot different.

So many stupid things: the way Jason is resurrected with electricity under the water, the way he gets the mask, the silly joke hitting the punk's radio, the dog appearing and the end, but the worst part by far is the presence of young Jason. Does not seem like him at all, sometimes even like a regular kid, and the ending is just awful.

The characters are pretty lame, the performances are emotionless and the cast is the worst of all entries. Even the deaths are goreless and without machete, not once.

This movie could be a good movie if the tittle were another but this film is not a good friday film, a lot of elements missing.
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #441 on: October 16, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »

Yeah the only thing that bothers me is how Young Jason looks. They do all this backstory in the previous movies and in stuff like Freddy Vs Jason and the 2009 reboot about how Jason looks different. In JTM though he looks relatively normal. I guess in one or two scenes involving Rennie's visions, he looks different like the past movies but other than that they just seemed to tone his look down. Other than that I love the movie though.
Blane
« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2016, 02:50:51 AM »

The Friday the 13th TV Series...

I dont have much faith it in it either. For one its on CW network. Which is basically a family friendly network. Two cunninghams participation. He really only cares about the numbers and not the quality. It will be completely cut and safe for networks. Just doesn't sound promising yet.

Cunningham is a definite detriment. It's sad that the original F13 director would be like that rock around Jason's neck in Part 6. But he is. He doesn't REALLY understand what made the movies work. He doesn't get Jason. He just wants his cash cow to keep giving milk. His idea about a "real Crystal Lake" where the movie are fictional is a little too "New Nightmare" for me. And I suspect it'll be more of an anthology series and NOT a true Jason series like, you know, people actually WANT.
april flower
« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »

He just wants his cash cow to keep giving milk

Well said. My thoughts exactly after part4.

I don't understand the whole "melted by sewerage acid, and turns into boy Jason again" thing. Was this a "dream" sequence?  Tongue And then in JGTH he is just casually walking around. Before blowing up.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2016, 08:32:38 PM »

Well said. My thoughts exactly after part4.

I don't understand the whole "melted by sewerage acid, and turns into boy Jason again" thing. Was this a "dream" sequence?  Tongue And then in JGTH he is just casually walking around. Before blowing up.

Just a convenient plot device lol. And the turning into a little boy thing was symbolic, like she saw that Jason was defeated and what was left is the human side. In reality his decaying body was probably still in the sewer. As for JGTH, I'm at a loss lol.
Jessica
« Reply #445 on: May 13, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »

the turning into a little boy thing was symbolic

That's how I always took it. Until I read interviews with the writer/director and he seemed to be saying it really happened! It was his way of concluding the series by bringing Jason full circle. Whaaaaat?! I think I'll just stay with my original idea that it's symbolic and ignore the actual intent. Tongue
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #446 on: May 13, 2016, 10:14:33 PM »

Just watched it as part kf the marathon on Spike. I still love it and yeah its cheesy but for me thats part of the fun u know?
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:19 AM »

Just watched it as part kf the marathon on Spike. I still love it and yeah its cheesy but for me thats part of the fun u know?
Totally agree. The franchise has given us a lot of fun moments over the years!
april flower
« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »

Until I read interviews with the writer/director and he seemed to be saying it really happened!

True, although didn't they say the same about Jason coming through the window in 2?
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »

I always felt the ending could've meant different things. If fans left the franchise after it, then he turned back into the little kid for them. If fans kept going like we did, then it was a vision/hallucination and the hockey mask floating meant he would be back.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  

Jump to: