Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 11, 2017, 07:58:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What do you mean whoops?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74106 times)
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »

Since I do not take summer classes, usually every summer I do a cycle of the series. I just started with the original today. It is awesome, now that I have the Blu-ray set. I can do my annual summer Jason cycle on HD. I do not skip any of them when I do my summer cycle every summer. I watch all of them in chronological order.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »

I still like this movie, sure its ridiculous, terribly acted by most and has some downright stupid moments but its fun as hell. I can't be the only one that likes it, can I?
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »

I like this movie too. It has some great moments in it. Kane did an amazing job as the character. It has the classic head punch off, the hot rock, and the punch a mirror to make a knife out of glass scenes. Those are some of my favorite moments in the franchise.

Though I usually do not include this film on the list of classics. I often lump this with the New Line films and only consider the first four to be the true classics.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:58:09 PM by Rich » Logged
mnknut22
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »

its pure 80s cheese. Just wish it wasn't so edited or cut back. Barely ANY blood in the movie at that point movie companies were toning down the horror movies because of protest groups. Its NOT my favorite and not even close but it has its place and i love how horrible ken portrays jason in the two scenes hes in this movie. Kane had a day off, and they needed to do a few reshoots and ken was on set as stunt coordinator. So he donned the mask in the scene, where renny is driving the car and has that slow motion hallucination and you see jason thats ken. Then when he gets off the subway train, he walks all flimpsy you can tell its not kane.  
mnknut22
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2014, 04:03:21 PM »

I like this movie too. It has some great moments in it. Kane did an amazing job as the character. It has the classic head punch off, the hot rock, and the punch a mirror to make a knife out of glass scenes. Those are some of my favorite moments in the franchise.

Though I usually do not include this film on the list of classics. I often lump this with the New Line films and only consider the first four to be the true classics.

The first FOUR are the true classics.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #425 on: June 01, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

its pure 80s cheese. Just wish it wasn't so edited or cut back. Barely ANY blood in the movie at that point movie companies were toning down the horror movies because of protest groups. Its NOT my favorite and not even close but it has its place and i love how horrible ken portrays jason in the two scenes hes in this movie. Kane had a day off, and they needed to do a few reshoots and ken was on set as stunt coordinator. So he donned the mask in the scene, where renny is driving the car and has that slow motion hallucination and you see jason thats ken. Then when he gets off the subway train, he walks all flimpsy you can tell its not kane.  

Yeah he was bad in those scenes but I feel he did a decent job in FVJ. Maybe he was so poor merely because he was a stand in for those scenes, you can't really get into character been a stand in.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #426 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »

Meh, I can watch it as its a f13th and i watch them all. But that scene where you can tell its not kane playing jason where he is walking off the train.. Ken's portrayal was terrible.  It brings back 80s cheese to me, which is why im sure others like it, but out of all of them in the series this one is watched the least.

Same here, as I have found a new likening for part 5
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #427 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »

The first FOUR are the true classics.
I'll second that , although I do like all of the entries for different reasons .
TaintedMeat
New Blood

« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »

I honestly enjoyed this one. It was the first horror movie I ever watched, and it made me a horror fan. 
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #429 on: December 08, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

I love this movie too. It's the first one I ever got to buy on VHS and I always have a really fun time watching the flick. It's just a fun time and the part where Julius fights him on the rooftop and then says "Take your best shot"? Awesome!
mnknut22
« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2014, 11:36:43 PM »

I love this movie too. It's the first one I ever got to buy on VHS and I always have a really fun time watching the flick. It's just a fun time and the part where Julius fights him on the rooftop and then says "Take your best shot"? Awesome!

It was the first one i owned too. But even after i first saw it, i knew it could of been way better if they actually of did the entire movie in new york... budget wise and all that i know..but still the concept of him in Manhattan just didnt seem like the direction to go. I respect they went in a new direction (considering the next sequel after this is one of my favorites and one of the most hated sequels in all franchises) but...meh its good for what it is.
Jessica
« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »

Same here, as I have found a new likening for part 5

Me too! I used to dislike Part 5 and considered it tied with Part 8 as the worst of the Paramont films. But now I rank Part 5 highly! It's odd how it grew on me over the years. But Part 8 is still at the bottom of the Paramont series for me. It has yet to grow on me. I mean, I still watch it from time to time because it has good moments... but overall it leaves me wanting something more. Something else. Something... I dunno.
Lalaaidannicole
follow me on instagram: @lalaaidan
New Blood

You don't watch horror movies?? Haha, wow.

« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »

This movie sucked!! Oh my goodness, the director's got lazy, but they wanted another Friday the 13th, so they said, "hey, why dont we take Jason and put him on a cruise ship, and then Manhattan?" bad idea.
This movie has waaaaay too many factual errors, and plot holes.  Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »

This movie sucked!! Oh my goodness, the director's got lazy, but they wanted another Friday the 13th, so they said, "hey, why dont we take Jason and put him on a cruise ship, and then Manhattan?" bad idea.
This movie has waaaaay too many factual errors, and plot holes.  Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9

......and teleportation.

Jason is just a really, really, really vengeful spirit in JTM I guess. Like Victor Crowley. =]
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2015, 02:48:59 AM »

You are going to worry about factual errors in a narrative pertaining to a walking corpse? I would say the entire franchise is a factual error.

What plot holes are you walking about?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: