Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 12, 2017, 04:44:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Would you shut the fuck up!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74182 times)
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

Sorry but it was NOT better than Jason X, in fact I am not even going to rant here because I've already made one up. I am just going to say that eventually I will rant about Jason X and it still won't get half the fucking criticism I put into JTM.
The_Empress
Camp Cook

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 10:48:32 PM »

Well, your opinion may be that it was not better than Jason X. In my opinion it was. In my opinion, Jason X was the worst of the all the F13 movies, but that's for another thread.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »

Sure thing... still though Jason X had more logic in it than JTM and Jason X still sucked.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 10:53:44 AM »

I agree with The_Empress, Jason X was a terrible film and comes nowhere close to being better than JTM. First of all talk about logic, taking Jason to New York City has alot more logic then sending him into space and tranforming him into this super killer. JTM also has that feel of a Friday film, it is not the best one by all means but Jason X and all the sequels pumped out by New Line lost that "Friday" feel if you will and don't come close to capturing that campy feeling as Paramount's versions did.

IMO the only thing that stopped Jason X from being totally a waste of time was Kane Hodder as Jason and the Liquid Nitrogen face smash, other then that it had a terrible plot, severely annoying characters except for Sgt. Brodski and Jason, some of the worst FX I've ever seen and I'm not talking about the deaths but the scenes outside the spacecraft, even that retro virtual trip back to Crystal Lake sucked although it was a nice attempt to capture that "Friday" Feel, anyway this is just my opinion, I look forward to reading your review of both whenever they are posted.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »

Come on, at least in Jason X, Jason still acted like Jason. The feel of Friday the 13th was dead, I can agree on that, however I didn't seen any hell-baby running up some dead chick’s vagina, nor did I see any teleportation.

The futuristic side sucked balls I know, but toxic waste turning Jason into a kid was just fucked in a whole new way.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »

And yeah, Kat's posting my review on JTM in a couple of days on the actual site, so you can read it there.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »

Cool, I'll be sure to check it out.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »

There isn't many fuck up's I haven't pointed out and I did try to make it as humorous as possible. It’s more of a rant than a review >.>

See I am gonna be doing this horror movie rant thing monthly now. After JTM I am gonna bitch about JGTH and then I think smack around Jason X... then from there I'll leave Jason alone and probably bitch slap some other franchise or something that isn't a horror movie but horror related. Should be easy for the first year ^.^
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 10:17:15 AM »

I watched Parts I thru VIII last week, and after several years of not seeing VIII, I still wonder: How did the boat go from the lake to the ocean? Or did I miss something? Crystal Lake is a circular lake that is its own body of water. Or did Jason just end up at the shore where the ship was docked?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 10:26:24 AM »

Well we obviously see the boat that the kids murdered on floating by the bigger boat on the ocean. So basically it was their fuck up.

The writers probably thought "they've never seen the entire lake, so why not make it open to the ocean"
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »

I thought that the deck hand just saw that other boat as a "vision".  I dunno.............
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 11:10:05 AM »

No, because Jason was still on that boat...so thats how he got to the ocean, because crystal lake now opens to the ocean, the boat floated there.....and so did jason.

I don't think it was a vision
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 05:16:42 PM »

Weirdness.
overshoe
Victim

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 05:13:29 PM »

Well before I start let me say that although i'm about to find fault with part 8 there is no blame whatsoever attached to kane hodder.
Kane was faultless throughout. He WAS Jason. In fact if you watch the movie and just focus on hodder’s performance it’s brilliant.
HOWEVER!
The first thing that irritates me about the film is the fact that (up until he appears in front of the police car) the young Jason looks absolutely nothing like the young Jason we have seen in previous films??
The boy that Jason regresses back into at the end of the movie also bears no resemblance to previous boy we have seen?
The mechanical melting head in the sewer is also pathetic!!
Here’s one for you!      How come Jason reels more from the first few punches he gets from the boxer on the roof than he did from the BULLETS he received in a scene a few moments before????
 That roof top boxing scene played like something straight out of a rocky movie??
I know its been said in an earlier post but the’ lifting the mask’ scene needs mentioning again .up until that moment Jason saw young people and killed them , suddenly he’s happy to just to scare them by showing his face ? This doesn’t fit in!
How on earth can this film come straight off the back of the brilliant number 7??
The guys making JTM really let hodder down (who was spot on) .
did they not look back at 7, 4, 3 and 2 before they set out to make this movie?
But before I totally throw it out of my collection I must point out some great bits that save it.
Jason actually becomes the hero (for the 1st time) by saving the heroine from rape. That was great!! My favorite bit And I loved it.
The bit where he jumps out in the sewer onto the sewer guy is breathtaking and let’s just look at the irony in the diner scene.
Hodder actually takes out future Jason Ken Kirzinger ! Brilliant

oh and by the way .  imo jason x eats this movie for breakfast.
VoorheesLover
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 12:30:26 PM »

I personally wouldn't think that jason would have stayed on the boat the entire night, letting it float out into the ocean....especially when it looked like there was a brand new camp opening. he would have gotten off the darn boat and waited around camp to start killing those people off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: