Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 05:56:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "What is this, a joke?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74513 times)
Jason X
« on: February 17, 2006, 07:26:24 AM »

yo i just watched jason takes manhattan- maybe they should of called it friday the 13th part 8 -jason comes back again and kills a load of people on a boat? what do u guys think of part 8
Jason Forever
Resurrected
Counselor

Like Jason I have returned...

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:18:52 PM »

Its a peice of crap, they really got lazy by Part 8 and I feel didn't give a shit anymore. Just made one more movie to squeeze money out of Jason's balls one last time before selling the series to someone else. lol
Shivers dude
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:45:58 PM »

I actually like this movie, it has some good kills and is a little bit different, I do agree it should of had another name though.........
Six Feet Under
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »

Yes indeed, he didn't much in manhatten, let alone kill much.
The action was on the boat, so..
Jason floats on a boat and kills heaps of people.
It's not bad, just not great.
But! It has a cool ownage scene, which I am not willing to spoil for those who have not seen this movie, yet....
Jason Myers
Counselor

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 05:38:59 PM »

Definitely one of the weakest entires IMO, I personally pretend that this film and JGTH and JX never happened.
Jason Takes Denmark
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 08:08:54 AM »

Yeah... It doesnt scare, and when it does, it isnt much! But i do think that this is the funniest of em' all! Haha, i love the scene where Jason scares of those punks!

Six Feet Under i like your signature  :cool:
voorhees for president
Lifeguard

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 01:20:11 AM »

When they threw in the comic relief scene with him taking off his mask and scaring the people on the streets, it gave me a feeling that they didn't take him to seriously in that movie and it was more of a money movie to see how long the series would go. Overall it wasn't that bad of a movie.  Not one of my favorites to say the least, but it was alright.
JasonVoorhees_Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 05:59:31 AM »

Hello

I'm new to this forum.I really like part 8.It's my favorite part from the Friday the 13th series.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »

Uh huh... introduce yourself first dude and at least give a reason why you didn't think this movie was total balls.

My reasons for hating it (finally saw it last night) are firstly the fact that he just appears in places, that is not logically possible due to time. Secondly, that chick’s vision’s where Jason does not appear that deformed. Thirdly, the fact that Jason stalled with a lot of kills. Fourthly, the terrible connection to JGTH (I mean come on, the fucking mask was melted off his face and Jason was supposed to have turned back into a boy... wtf?!?!?!). Fifthly, Jason's behaviour around the normal citizens and why the fuck did he take his mask off to a couple of street thugs to scare them away?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »

This was...a bad movie.

Jason isn't Jason. They took him to NY if only for the ending of the film, it was still stupid.

The whole boat idea isn't too too bad, but its still bad. I understand they were just trying for something different.

The ending is stupid and confusing. If you want to try to explain it away I know many have and ...well it helps, but the truth is they just fucked up big time.

Jason now seems to teleport, and yes the whole interaction with normal people on the streets of NY showing them his face is silly. It was okay for 1 good laugh, but its dumb
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »

Should've been called Jason Takes Vancouver because pretty much the entire movie was shot there with the very few scenes inside New York City.

In all honesty I liked it, except for the flashbacks and the terrible ending. I know alot say that we are seeing Jason the way Rennie see's him but I don't think so, they just messed up big time.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »

Quote from: "Jason Forever";p="13864"
Its a peice of crap, they really got lazy by Part 8 and I feel didn't give a shit anymore. Just made one more movie to squeeze money out of Jason's balls one last time before selling the series to someone else. lol

Agree with JF on that. They did not even try with this movie.  And Hell Jason Goes to Hell is 100% better then JTM and it was New Line that made JGTH
Demona
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 05:29:17 PM »

JTM was fun to watch but it was weird how Jason was put totally out of his setting to hunt down a bunch of victims.
The Kurgan
Camp Cook

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »

You know I have decided that this movie deserves a proper rant and now that Kat's got me doing this whole monthly rant thing on horror based things, guess what I've chosen as the number one crock of bullshit for me to rant about. That’s right, in a couple of days you'll see a proper rant on JTM done by yours truly… The Kurgan!
The_Empress
Camp Cook

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 09:18:03 PM »

Well it wasn't as bad as Jason X, that's all I can say.

It had a few funny parts, with the punks on the street and the decapitation of the guy on the roof. The ending was terrible though - toxic waste flooding the sewers, wtf was that? That wasn't even remotely realistic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: