Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 05:22:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm as dumb as they come!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Takes Manhattan Discussion  (Read 74558 times)
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »

Thanks Jet!!!
(Symbolism alert) I do love the nightstalker look of Jason in this entry, it is definitely anti-hero in the dreary, dangerous post-modern city... I like it. With a bigger budget, better script and more ambitious direction JTM could have been a larger social commentary slasher. Key words, could have...

If I had this movie to do over, I would probably use Jason as a Venom type of character, an extremely violent anti-hero, maybe taking out some of the scum of the worst parts of New York before returning to Crystal Lake.
ZombieGirl
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

But we've got Spider-man for that....unless Jason accidentally killed him...that or he didn't like spiders. XD But hey, Venom is the lethal protector of San Francisco, not New York. Besides, lots of strange weird shit happens in New York. From Radio-active spiders making super-heroes to ghosts and aliens...damn it, why does everything cool and awesome happen in New York?! Why not L.A. for once!?
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

But we've got Spider-man for that....unless Jason accidentally killed him...that or he didn't like spiders. XD But hey, Venom is the lethal protector of San Francisco, not New York. Besides, lots of strange weird shit happens in New York. From Radio-active spiders making super-heroes to ghosts and aliens...damn it, why does everything cool and awesome happen in New York?! Why not L.A. for once!?

Only weird and wonderful thing that concerns me is the Cubbies winning the series, and I want that to happen in Chicago. New York can have the other shit, lol.
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »

I didn't mind this movie once they got to "New Yprk"
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »

I didn't mind this movie once they got to "New Yprk"

New York, Vancouver, whatever..... But, you're right, the action picks up once hey reach the city.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »

New York, Vancouver, whatever..... But, you're right, the action picks up once hey reach the city.
There could have been a lot more.
baghead
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Jason is not, and should never be an anti hero.  Yes he was killed because some counselors didn't do their job and he died.  But hr has literally killed over 100 people who had nothing to do with his death.  He is a monster, murdering psychopath, and any attempt to justify him only makes him less scary.
Nikki6am
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:57 AM »

Jason is not, and should never be an anti hero.  Yes he was killed because some counselors didn't do their job and he died.  But hr has literally killed over 100 people who had nothing to do with his death.  He is a monster, murdering psychopath, and any attempt to justify him only makes him less scary.
Agreed, he is not an antihero, but he was not killed because counselors did not do their job, not originally. He was autistic and became feral, then a zombie. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Evildead13th
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »

Agreed, he is not an antihero, but he was not killed because counselors did not do their job, not originally. He was autistic and became feral, then a zombie. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That's what they basically did w/ him in FvsJ. He was more the hero and a sympathetic character, a victim so to speak.

I watched pt.8:Jason takes a cruise...(damn I did it again!) Jason takes Manhatten, last night and I swear the more you watch this movie the worse it gets. I just noticed last night that when he throws Wayne onto that circuit board thing that he fucking catches fire before he fucking lands on the fucking thing!!! WTF?! I also won't get into the inaccuracies of Manhatten in the film either! Angry
Nikki6am
« Reply #294 on: February 17, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »

That's what they basically did w/ him in FvsJ. He was more the hero and a sympathetic character, a victim so to speak.

I watched pt.8:Jason takes a cruise...(damn I did it again!) Jason takes Manhatten, last night and I swear the more you watch this movie the worse it gets. I just noticed last night that when he throws Wayne onto that circuit board thing that he fucking catches fire before he fucking lands on the fucking thing!!! WTF?! I also won't get into the inaccuracies of Manhatten in the film either! Angry
Jason is not a hero. He a wild fucking beast! I hate what some assholes do to Jason's character! Yeah, every time I watch Jason guest star on the Love Boat, I have to move it down another notch on my favorite to least favorite list. The only one lower is JGTH. Magical mystical dagger, my ass!
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »

Venom killed a lot of people, too, and never truly became an actual "good guy." I think Jason could be used that way, too. But, it would probably have been best if this whole idea had been retooled greatly or skipped altogether.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »

Venom killed a lot of people, too, and never truly became an actual "good guy." I think Jason could be used that way, too. But, it would probably have been best if this whole idea had been retooled greatly or skipped altogether.
I agree, but I think we all think of Jason as being our " own little hero".
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »

I agree, but I think we all think of Jason as being our " own little hero".

LOL, probably.
Regan/Pazuzu
Head Counselor

You're Going To Die Up There

« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

my part 8 poster arrived in the mail today  Grin

another one for the band jamming room  Smiley
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2012, 01:03:25 AM »

Once they get to NY, I hate the movie. Jason does his head tilt and thats just it for me
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: