Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 15, 2017, 03:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Walking corpses are not real"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: How Part 8 Explains It All  (Read 8375 times)
scabboy
Camper

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »

I'm in the same "he's not demon" boat. He simply didn't die in the same regard that Myers didn't die when he was decapitated: money.

Nothing is canon; not book, not films. The films simply disregard previous facts because the current writer thinks he or she can do better, or in a way to change the story to their own.

As far as I am concerned Jason's wound at the end of II was "less than lethal", his wound at the end of III was potentially lethal and he basically had a day or so before serious complications arose (e.g. infection, blood loss, edema (brain swelling). He was killed by Tommy before that happened and that was the only fatal blow to Jason in those 6 days.

Whatever he was after that is whatever he was said to be; zombie, undead, whatever.

Jason was, is and was always "human" as in a homosapien. He's not an alien, devil, satan, demon, or anything else.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »

It might be safe to say that Jason is like Freddy. He was "born" human, but over time, became something else.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »

The demon theory although not official does explain everything within every movie and we could always update it. I look at it like maybe after jason drowned similar to freddy and whoever else a demon or evil force chose him or bonded to him and grew and adapted after every death. In the comics there are a few explanations like the indians who were killed there by settlers use jason as there vessel due to him drowning in the lake there blood made larger.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 01:04:19 AM »

I'm in the same "he's not demon" boat. He simply didn't die in the same regard that Myers didn't die when he was decapitated: money.

Nothing is canon; not book, not films. The films simply disregard previous facts because the current writer thinks he or she can do better, or in a way to change the story to their own.

As far as I am concerned Jason's wound at the end of II was "less than lethal", his wound at the end of III was potentially lethal and he basically had a day or so before serious complications arose (e.g. infection, blood loss, edema (brain swelling). He was killed by Tommy before that happened and that was the only fatal blow to Jason in those 6 days.

Whatever he was after that is whatever he was said to be; zombie, undead, whatever.

Jason was, is and was always "human" as in a homosapien. He's not an alien, devil, satan, demon, or anything else.
GREAT POST !
JasonV
Lifeguard

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 01:35:34 PM »

That idea would make Friday the 13th the most unique slasher franchise ever. I like it but I also liked the idea of Pamela being into the occult and casting some sort of spell to give Jason life again, however she may not have been aware that for the spell to kick in she would have to give her life to bring Jason back.

It's just upsetting that we're given the story of Jason attacking Alice in the canoe as just a dream sequence. Going by part 2, Jason would've been full grown at the time of part 1 so where was he ?

Ahh there's so many possibilites but some things just won't add up.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »

That idea would make Friday the 13th the most unique slasher franchise ever. I like it but I also liked the idea of Pamela being into the occult and casting some sort of spell to give Jason life again, however she may not have been aware that for the spell to kick in she would have to give her life to bring Jason back.

It's just upsetting that we're given the story of Jason attacking Alice in the canoe as just a dream sequence. Going by part 2, Jason would've been full grown at the time of part 1 so where was he ?

Ahh there's so many possibilites but some things just won't add up.
LOL very true !

This is what happens when a low budget "one off" horror film is suddenly the talk of the town . The powers that be want to keep the cash cow going , and invent a whole slew of sequels to satisfy that aspect . Often , the plots are full of holes and the premise is flawed .

Gotta love the internet !!!
phoenixashes
Atlarman Reborn
Camp Cook

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »

Heres an old post from Friday The 13th Films.com forum (back before it crashed) from The Reverend Tegoth that I always thought was cool about Jason's backstory.

"The Reverend Tegoth   01-09-2006 09:00 PM

How the Ending to Jason Takes Manhattan Explains it All (Jason Origin Discussion)
Okay, here we go….

My theory on Jason has always been this. He drowned, he came back a few days later as something... different.

To explain it simply, he was 90% Jason, 10% Demon.

So then, when he comes back the obvious questions are:

Why didn't Jason return to Pamela? Why wasn't he discovered?

It's all about that evil 10%. The novels (which I know are not canon) clearly show that Jason feels a need to kill, a pounding in his head that demands it.

So what if that pounding started out like a whisper, and all that little 11 year old Jason knew was that this whisper wanted him to do "bad things" that he wanted no part of.

All Jason wants to do is go back to his mother. But that 10% of his brain that is "demonic" won't let him. It can't force him to kill, it can't shout at him, it can't do much of anything really…. Except this. Because Jason is supernaturally tied to the lake now. It is the place where he died, and it is the place that he has been cursed to "protect."

(Cursed by whom? I'm not going to get into that here, but I have my ideas.)

But the human (90%) part of Jason doesn't except/understand this. So although he is unable to leave the woods surrounding Crystal Lake, at this point he is still avoiding humanity, instead of seeking to obliterate it.

A few times over the years Pamela returns to the lake. Jason wants to go to her, but she always looks so angry. Not at all like how he remembers her. Also, despite himself Jason has grown used to his solitude. Comfortable with it.

Finally, after Jason watches his mother's kill spree and subsequent decapitation, the demon thing inside him has the angle it needs.

"Look!" it says. "I told you to KILL, I told you to protect these woods, and you didn't listen. Your Mother knew what had to be done, and she died trying to do your work!"

At that moment Jason is still 90% human, but whatever little bit of sanity he still has (and to be sure, it wasn't much), left him at that moment, and he chose to do what the voice told him to do.

That takes us through to the end of Friday 2. This is an important moment in Jason's history, because this is where he breaks his bond with his mother.

Basically, it's like this. Jason receives a mortal wound at the end of Friday 2. He dies again, then he wakes up again. When this happens (and as it continues to happen throughout the series) the human part of Jason dies, and the demon part of him grows. So at the end of part 2, let's say that he's 20% demon, 80% human. At this point he wakes up, yanks the machete out, and leaves. He does not tuck his mother's head under his arm.

Why?? She's been his sole motivation up to this point, but Jason leaves her behind when he could have easily taken her along.

The reason is the loss of humanity. Jason wakes up and no longer feels the connection with his mother that he once did. Instead, the urge to KILL and guard his territory is more intense (because of the demon's growing strength) and in his weakened state it overpowers everything else. So he leaves his mother, and whatever feelings he once had for her, behind him for the rest of the series (or, to be more specific, while he may still possess the same feelings for his mother, his "death" at the end of Friday 2 and the growth of the "demon" within him has now suppressed them, instead forcing Jason to focus on the more powerful and overwhelming need to KILL those that invade his territory) until the perfect hybrid Jason of FvsJ appears.

Jason also appears to subtly grow in strength between part 2 and 3. Blows that knock the wind out of Friday 2 Jason tend to only momentarily distract Friday 3 Jason. He also appears to have grown somewhat physically larger between the two films. All this can be attributed to the growing presence of the demon.

Friday 4: After the axe to the head Jason dies again. This time he comes back, say, 30% demon, 70% human. Jason appears much angrier in this installment then the previous ones, making "HUUUURRRRH!" type growls as opposed to his utter silence from before. Utter silence, that is, except for the loud grunts that he made when getting stabbed in Friday 3. In this installment Jason gets his hand cut in half lengthwise without making a sound. These things are further subtle clues of the demon's growing influence.

Then at the end of Friday 4 Jason's body is so horribly wounded that his supernatural healing factor cannot repair it as quickly as it had the previous wounds.

Jason is buried and his body begins to decay. In this environment of constant physical entropy, the best his healing factor can do is keep his body from rotting away completely within… at least, until the lightning bolt gives it a little jump start.

In Friday 6 Jason is now about 70% demon, 30% human. The big leap attributed to the length of Jason's slumber (hmm, if one is inclined to believe in a mysterious figure lurking behind the scenes making everything happen just so, then you could even say that Jason's slumber was intentional in order to reawaken him as a more powerful creature... if one was so inclined). The human part of Jason is not happy to be awakened. For the first time in a long time Jason was at peace, without the constant pounding in his head demanding that he KILL, KILL, KILL!

This memory of peace will haunt the human part of Jason (helping fuel the demon's rage) until the end of Jason Takes Manhattan, when the last part of Jason's humanity dies.

It is this that causes Jason to go after Tommy at the end of the film. Jason doesn't have the capability of recognizing this guy from over a decade earlier (I mean, just look at how much Tommy's appearance changed as he got older! Wink ), he isn't attacking him out of revenge for Friday 4, he's attacking him because this SOB woke him up, out of the first peace he's felt since he was 11 years old.

In Friday 7 things get bad for Jason. Now he's become a passenger within his own body, a body that is now 80% demon. He feels, he watches, and he is fully aware, but he is utterly unable to control. He and the demon have now switched places, and it is the demon that is now in the driver's seat. Jason yearns only to rest and for peace.

In Friday 8 it finally comes to him. Because of a psychic connection forged (through unknown means) with Rennie, the 10% or so of Jason that is left in this movie is constantly psychically haunting Rennie, trying to force her to free him from his prison (in the bathroom scene little Jason comes out of the mirror, grabs Rennie, says "HELP ME! HELP MEEE!", then fades back into the mirror. For a split second he appears to be surrounded by the silouhette of his adult self).

Also note that Jason appears especially evil in Jason Takes Manhattan (for example, the way he slowly spears the girl at the beginning), and appears able to teleport. Not to mention the fact that his clothes have mysteriously reappeared. All of these things are signs that Jason's humanity is almost completely gone, and Jason is becoming more and more a purely supernatural creature.

The human part of Jason wants Rennie to "kill" him again so that he can be free. Notice that Jason only directly attacks Rennie once in the movie, and through a porthole from behind. In Friday 8 there are several shots where we see Jason watch somebody walk somewhere. Each time he follows them and kills them. We get the exact same shot with Rennie... and he leaves her alone. He even gives her this weird head tilt look. It's the 10% of human Jason inside. Somehow it recognizes that Rennie can free it, and it keeps her alive by subtly influencing the demon to attack elsewhere. It happens again with the muggers. After Jason kills the mugger on Rennie he has plenty of time to dispatch her as well before the other mugger pulls out his gun and starts shooting him.

At the end of the film, Jason is once again "killed", and this time everything that is left of his humanity dies with him. Rennie looks down and sees child Jason, dead and free at last, Sean looks down and sees a very messed up and half melted Jason, and his face fills with relief.

And this all culminates in Jason Goes to Hell. This Jason is, as shown on screen, all demon (and a small, squiggly little demon at that). Jason didn't always have the Hellbaby (it would have emerged in Friday 4), like the rest of his powers, it came to him in time…

In Freddy vs. Jason I believe that Jason comes back from Hell as a perfect hybrid of human and demon. A kind of Jason that we've never seen before.

So in conclusion, Jason's demonic powers grow as his humanity dies, culminating with the ending of Friday 8 symbolically showing us "human" Jason's death through Rennie's vision, and Jason Goes to Hell showing us his ultimate demonic form.

I feel that this theory is supported by evidence in the series, and that nothing that comprises it contradicts the series." Jason Pt. 9

"Your Face Your Ass Whats The Difference?" Duke Nukeum Cool

good post- in fact if you take out the word "demon" and replace it with "revenant" youd have what ive been saying for years lol
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

This was pretty good actually.

It might be safe to say that Jason is like Freddy. He was "born" human, but over time, became something else.

No no no no no. He's not "like" Freddy. Noooooooo...
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

This was pretty good actually.

No no no no no. He's not "like" Freddy. Noooooooo...
I'll second that with you !
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »

Wish I would have saved more. Pity that forum crashed. But thats life. Cry Yeah that Reverend was a  genius  as far as I am concerned. Don't know what ever happened to him? Sad  He isn't on here or F13-Community. I guess thats the problem a with the internet. A person could die and you would have no idea what ever happened to them. Hopefully wasn't the case with him. Shot
I remember that forum and the infamous crash. A temporary forum came online afterwards and there were some people who were literally suicidal....others cried. Most of them never showed up anywhere.  SO much content was vaporized in a nanosecond.

They got creative trying to explain to the members what had happened. I knew what happened.....

They didn't back up their forum/site at all. Probably never did or had at least went years without doing so. Had they properly maintained it, they could've had it back online within hours, a couple days tops with minimal content lost.

In most cases its ok to not back up your site. However...when disaster strikes....you're screwed.

I don't buy the fact of him being a "Demon". Sorry, but IMO some people just read too much into the story and try to come up with good enough reasons for themselves as to why things happen. I think Paul explained the legend best around the campfire in Part 2, and I tend to stick to that particular series of events instead of going supernatural with explanations.
I'm with you. There's nothing to indicate he was a demon. The crap going on in later chapters was just ways to bring him back so he can keep killing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: